Job ID: 294359
Safety, Integrity, Quality are the foundation or core values on which Tilcon New York Inc., a CRH company operates. Located in New York and New Jersey, Tilcon New York Inc. is an integrated materials company with multiple quarry locations, water terminals, heavy highway construction division, asphalt and recycle plants. Tilcon manufactures sells and ships, made in the USA, products of crushed stone, asphalt, sand, gravel and recycled materials throughout New York, New Jersey, and some areas of Pennsylvania. Growth opportunity, professional development and a culture of support and resources are provided to each employee for their personal growth and success within Tilcon New York Inc., and CRH. Summary
Plant Manager is responsible for the overall safe production and performance for one or more Tilcon New York asphalt plant facilities. Responsible to provide the leadership that develops and sustains a team that supports our core values of Safety, Integrity & Quality. Build partnerships with other LOB (line of business) leaders and their teams working collaboratively to meet shared company objectives. Create a climate where people are motivated to do their best to help the organization achieve its objectives, safe production, quality products and superior customer service. Roles and Responsibilities
(Essential Duties and Functions)
- Demonstrate continuous leadership in supporting our core values: Safety, Integrity, and Quality.
- Continuously strive to promote safety and lead by example.
- Build and sustain a team fully committed to Safety, i nstilling a "zero" incident and 100% associate involvement expectation.
- Embrace and implement the tenets of C.A.R.E., Compliance, Accountability, Risk Assessment, and Engagement.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in Tilcon New York's and CRH safety policies and procedures.
- Adhere to all applicable regulations including Safety and Health Administration and (OSHA) Occupational Safety and Health Administration affecting asphalt plant production, safety, environmental, state, federal, and company policies; ensure observance and compliance of such regulations.
- Strive to maintain optimum production and cost management while producing a high quality on-time product in a safe and environmentally sound manner.
- Maintain a consistent line of communication with all line of business leaders and their teams to sustain and improve quality, customer service and operational excellence.
- Create awareness among plant personnel regarding KPI's (key performance indicators) and cost control.
- Maintain and execute a preventative maintenance process for each facility under your supervision.
- Direct your teams daily to complete tasks and projects in an effective manner using effective delegation, scheduling, and time management practices.
- Effective management of employee performance through (FLT) Front Line Leadership Training that includes but not limited to coaching, feedback (written and verbal), rewards, and discipline when necessary.
- Appraise performance, including annual evaluations and new employee 30, 60, 90-day evaluations.
- Develop employees in the areas of technical and leadership skills.
- Must display a courteous and professional attitude toward co-workers, supervisors, managers, and the public always.
- Provide accurate and timely preparation of paperwork; daily reports, reports on financial status of projects, incident reporting, timecards, and special assignments as requested.
- Ensure compliance with all facility permits and environmental regulations mandated by federal, state, or local governing bodies.
- Develop and strengthen relationships with subcontractors, state & federal agencies, peers, and colleagues.
- Assist Director of Asphalt Operations to create an annual operating and winter maintenance budget.
- Utilize computer and software systems for ongoing production and P&L analysis and other analyses as becomes prudent (i.e., CRH asphalt scorecards, Viewpoint, EXCEL spreadsheets, etc.)
- Set and execute the production schedule to meet commercial demands.
- Planning, assigning, and directing work.
- Knowledge of state and federal construction specifications as it pertains to the production of asphalt pavement materials.
- Regular and timely attendance is required.
- Additional duties as assigned or required.
Marginal Duties and Functions
- Share Best Practices for efficient plant operations and implement and share this information with other asphalt facilities.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Perform business management duties such as maintaining records and files, preparing reports, and ordering supplies and equipment.
- Assist with Interviewing and hiring process as necessary.
- Generate capital ideas for improvement of the plant
- Conducts facility tours and explains operating procedures to the public and visitors.
- Act as liaison between regulatory inspectors and management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED) with 5 years+ of practical work experience.
- Bachelor's degree (B.S. or B.E.) from four-year college or university, Engineering preferred.
- At least 3 years' experience in an operations leadership role.
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the preferred knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Proficiency with all Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and company procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when required.
- Required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated areas as stated by Tilcon, CRH, and OSHA.
- Ability to read information contained in specifications, reports, manuals, and regulations. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from management, staff, customers, and the public.
- Knowledge and understanding of basic operating procedures and mechanics of asphalt plant.
- Knowledge of applicable federal, state, and local regulations pertaining to, but not limited to, safety, the environment and transportation.
- Ability to detect safety hazards and malfunctions and respond accordingly.
- Ability to perform intermediate mathematical skills, including basic algebra, geometry, and shop math.
- Ability to use a computer to communicate and analyze data. This includes but is not limited to the use of Outlook, MS Office programs, and web-based programs.
- Be familiar with all roles, equipment, and tasks associated with your project(s) and have the ability and willingness to fill in on any role or task as necessary.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is required to sit, walk, and stand for periods of time. The employee is required to use a computer for extended periods of time. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust to focus. Continuous
- Fine Motor
- Repetitive Motion
This position requires an employee to lift: Frequently Occasionally Work Environment
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job will require both office work and field work. While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and in outside weather conditions and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The noise level in the work environment in the office is usually quiet. Continuous Occasionally
- Hot weather
- Cold weather
- Wet weather
- Exposed to noise
- Exposed to high heat
- Moving equipment
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Safety, Integrity, Quality-Formally and visibly demonstrate support and understanding of CRH and Tilcon's core values.
- Attracts Top Talent-Attracting and selecting the best talent to meet current and future business needs.
- Collaborates-Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Develops Talent-Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization's goals.
- Drives Results-Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Cultivates Innovation-Creating new and better ways for the organization to be successful.
- Manages Complexity-Making sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Courage-Stepping up to address difficult issues, saying what needs to be said.
- Customer Focus-Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Directs Work-Providing direction, delegating, and removing obstacles to get work done.
- Drives Engagement-Creating a climate where people are motivated to do their best to help the organization achieve its objectives.
About CRH Americas
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Tilcon New York Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .
Date Posted: May 14, 2021 Nearest Major Market:
New Jersey Job Segment:
Plant, Engineer, Plant Manager, Business Manager, Manager, Manufacturing, Engineering, Management