Jun 01, 2021
Discovery Inc #2
Discovery hires the very best and brightest talent who are enthusiastic and passionate to fulfill the company's mission of empowering people to explore their world and satisfy their curiosity.
In exchange for their talent and drive, employees are provided with an engaging, diverse workplace and the resources they need to learn, thrive and grow in their careers.
The Media Strategy & Analytics team acts as an internal global media team that handles the strategy, buying, execution, and reporting of all media vehicles with the goal of driving multiplatform engagement with the Discovery Inc TV networks and direct-to-consumer digital products (Eurosport, Dplay, MotorTrend, GOLFTV, Golf Digest, Food Network Kitchen, Discovery GO).
The Paid Search Specialist will lead the implementation and development of the channel, maximizing customer growth at cost-effective levels. Reporting to the Paid Search Manager, the successful candidate will also integrate cross-functionally, regularly liaising with other teams within Media Strategy & Analytics and the wider business org.
1. Own the strategy and performance of paid search activity
2. Lead paid search planning and media-buying across all territories, ensuring both functions are optimized to achieve high levels of growth with an ROI-focus
3. Keep abreast of market trends and developments, also liaising with Google, Microsoft, Yahoo, Apple (and other) partners - identifying new betas to drive our search offering forward
4. Work closely with the planning teams to recommend effective growth strategies and budget
5. Effectively collaborate with other teams and internal stakeholders
6. Lead innovation within the team and effectively utilize currently-available and newly-created tools
7. Clearly communicate paid search performance and uncover growth levers
8. Effectively document our strategies and approach to drive common understanding and efficiency across teams
* 2+ years experience with a track record of delivering success in a similar role
* Deep understanding of paid search, with experience using external bid management tools (SA360 [DS], Marin, or Kenshoo)
* Proven experience with Direct Response campaigns with experience with attribution, conversion tracking, and optimizing towards strict KPI goals.
* Highly numerate and comfortable using excel to both run campaign analysis and provide recommendations
* Logical thinker with experience using analytics to drive decision-making and demonstrable experience driving growth through test-and-learn
* Strong understanding of the marketing funnel, and the importance of digital media tactics to driving growth at each level of the funnel
* A problem solver at heart, interested in working in a fast-paced environment with excellent troubleshooting and QA skills - strong attention to detail essential
* Proven project management, self-organization, and prioritization skills - ability to multi-task with effective resolution management in a fast-paced, growing environment
* Must be a self-starter who is comfortable working autonomously on campaigns and other relevant projects
* Reasonable availability to respond to requests and attend to the real-time needs of campaigns outside normal business hours
* Clear communicator who is able to translate strategy into action. Must be fluent in English. Additional languages a plus
* Must have the legal right to work in the country you are applying to
Discovery Communications, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Discovery is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including but not limited to all local Fair Chance Ordinances.
EEO is the Law
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation during the application process, please send an email request to HR@discovery.com.