Are you a new product development expert with strong technical/mechanical engineering expertise and strong business acumen? Do you know how to take an idea of a mechanical consumer product, work with engineers, and partner across the entire organization to bring the product to market? Do you have a deep understanding of and proven experience with engineering, R&D, quality, manufacturing, operations, supply chain, procurement, finance, marketing, and sales to successfully launch consumer products for a leading company?
If so, this may be the perfect career fit for you!
Our client has retained us to find a top leader and great culture fit for their iterative, partnership-focused, co-development, and entrepreneurial business that is well-known among consumers globally. We’re looking for a make-it-happen business partner with strong mechanical engineering background who is well-versed in electronics…someone who knows their way around a circuit board and who also knows what it takes to produce a product.
- Deep experience in the product development cycle / lifecycle for consumer electromechanical devices
- Strong knowledge of new product development and purchasing practices, material requirements planning, finance, cost accounting, and production
- Extensive work experience in China and/or Asia highly desirable
- A minimum of 15 years senior level purchasing, operations, or materials experience
- A minimum of 10 years of experience with non-US Sourcing and major outsourcing
- Four-year college degree, preferably in Mechanical Engineering, with a master’s degree desired
- In lieu of a Mechanical Engineering degree, mechanical engineering-related experience in a manufacturing environment is required
- Advanced mathematics skills
- Proven skill in contract negotiations and project management
- Excellent written communication skills
- Operations certifications are a plus, e.g., Certified Purchasing Manager (C.P.M.), Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM), APICS Planning and Inventory Management (CPIM)
- Strong cross-functional partnership and influencing expertise, making sure things happen in a timely manner
- Lots of project management activity
- Lead new product development in a timely fashion to meet/exceed business needs
- Lead/support the China engineering staff in meeting all project deliverables (including timing)
- Domestic and International travel 20%-35%
- Supports Quality improvements for the business category
- Source new suppliers for the category
- Assist/lead in price negotiations and procurement activities
- Management of supplier relationships
Salary range: $130,000 - $190,000
20% annual bonus target
401k profit sharing
Relocation available within the United States. No visa sponsorship offered for this position.