Are you a strategic thinker, with a proven ability to thrive in a company with a complex supply chain network? Do you have extensive experience in Materials Management, Planning and Scheduling? Have you developed a knack for collaborating with executives across several functions to find efficiencies and drive best practices throughout your organization? Do you have a track record of successfully developing and mentoring a team?
If you answered yes to the above questions then you may be an ideal fit for the Director, Material Planning role for our client, an industry-leading automotive company.
KEY PERFORMANCE OBJECTIVES
- Effectively manage materials planning and production scheduling to meet company financial goals.
- Drive regular evaluation of planning parameters and schedule strategy to optimize inventory investment and production capacity.
- Support Supply Chain involvement in complex cross functional projects
- Develop and mentor material planning and scheduling team by identifying skill gaps and training requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in or equivalent experience required; APICS certification preferred.
- 3+ years of leading teams in a production environment.
- Strong leadership and team-building skills.
- Experienced decision-maker, with ability to proactively address issues.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Proficient in ERP systems and planning/scheduling tools including Excel Data Analysis and Modelling.
- Travel up to 15%