ITW Pro Brands is a manufacturer of lubricants, cleaning chemicals, and corrosion preventatives formulated to maximize equipment productivity and product quality for customers. We go to market through B2B with a focus on the automotive, aviation, fabricated metal, food processing and machinery manufacturing market segments. Offering a brand portfolio that is well recognized within these industrial channels, our premium products address customer pain points and our direct sales team provides expert, value-added consulting at the customer level. ITW Pro Brands has 3 manufacturing facilities (Olathe, KS, Tucker, GA and DeWitt, IA) and a formulation lab in Carol Stream, IL and employs 250+ individuals.Job DescriptionSUMMARY
TheSeniorStrategic Sourcing Analystrole provides planning, organization, and direction in relation to all manufacturing, purchasing, cost,negotiation,and inventory control activities to assure smooth operations. This position also serves as a liaison between marketing, operations, accounting and customer service. TheSenior Buyeris responsible for purchasing raw materials, printed materials, maintenance supplies, and other materialsto meet the production schedulefor the'80'brands andhigh complexity non-inventory items, includinginternationaland domestic suppliers.ESSENTIAL DUTIESMarket
- Research & help develop new suppliers to support our R&D Team to qualified second sources on the key raw materials.
- Participate instrategic sourcing corporate projectsto deliver informationandfollow the guidelines or activities requested.
- Identify andevaluate the best supplierstomeet business standards.
- Follow the market feedstockmovements to make the appropriate pricing decisions to avoid cost in our raw materials.
- Establish and maintain good working relationship with supplier vendors.
- Review and negotiate raw material prices on a regular basis.
- Liaisonbetween vendors and ITW Pro Brands technical staff for new product development.
- Work with Compliance Manager toensure packaging meets all regulatory requirements.
- Work with Quality Control to resolve corrective actions as they relate to raw materials and/or vendors.
- Develop preventive strategiesto avoid raw material issues.
Purchasing/Production /Inventory Control:
- Monthly notification of pricing changes that affect variances/margins.
- Review and resolve pricing discrepancies.
- Cost variances updates,toassure the costing of each material is updatedin our system
- Manage the Purchase Price Variances Accountmonthlyto provide proper support of the change to the Accounting team.
- Develop all materials planning for the operation to ensure the continuous production in the plant.
- Ensureallmaterialspurchase orders are placed and received in a timely manner. This includes reviewing quantities, prices and delivery dates.
- Notify appropriate personnel, if necessary, of delivery changes.
- Ensure material/vendorInformationis updatedin the ERP systemincluding current pricing, PO, Acknowledgements,and delivery dates.
- Monitor and review Kan Banor MRDprocedures to ensure continuousoperations.
- Monitor and reviewproduction scheduleto ensureraw materials availability on time.
- Review 80/20 business practices for continuous improvement.
- Review inventory to ensure that slow moving metrics are met, develop a plan to move our slow moving to target in the cases needed.
- Maintain proper inventory levels to meet corporate goals.
- Identify and resolve inventory issues, determine, developand implement appropriate measures necessary to ensure resolution.
- Support the operations teamto perform cycle counts and physical inventorymonthly.
- Responsible for drivingKey Performance Indicatorsto meet business goals and objectives.
- Workcollaborativelywith corporate ITW Strategic Purchasing Group.
- File freight claims for all raw material or supply issues.
- Purchase maintenance items as requested.
- Ensure all servicesrequiredare provided effectively and timely.
- Manage the external warehouses, costing and inventories if needed.
- Foster, communicate and exemplify the values of ITW; act with integrity and trust, operate with simplicity, treat everyone with respect, take shared risk.
- Act in accordance with all company policies and procedures.
- Travel asneeded for business needs.
- Must maintainand update item cardonERP computer system to meet company requirements.
- MOQ, Leadtime, Contact information, Package size, etc.
- BSin Business Management or related area
- Supply Chain certifications a plus.
- Working knowledge of ERP software.
- Working knowledge of Supply Chain Management Principles.
- Fluent in the use of Microsoft Office programs (Word, PowerPoint)andOutlook.
- StronguserofMicrosoft Office Excel (pivot tables, filters, and reference formulas as a minimum)
- Proficient time management and prioritization skills.
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit to drive organizational focus on the key initiatives and opportunities.
- Possess business analytical and strategicproblem-solvingskills.
- Must be highly collaborative and able to work in a diverse creative team environment.
- Takes ownership and drives positive change.
- Excellent communication skills with all levels of the company and customer personnel. Skilled in effective cross functional collaboration and engagement.
- Effective presentation skills adaptable for the audience.
- Able to adapt to changes in the work environment.
- Must be organized andaself-started.
- Ability to work independently.
- Possess a sense of urgency and accountability.
ITW Pro Brands is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.