ITW (NYSE: ITW) is a Fortune 200 global multi-industrial manufacturing leader with revenues totaling $14.1 billion in 2019. The company's seven industry-leading segments leverage the unique ITW Business Model to drive solid growth with best-in-class margins and returns in markets where highly innovative, customer-focused solutions are required. ITW's approximately 45,000 dedicated colleagues around the world thrive in the company's decentralized and entrepreneurial culture. www.itw.com .Job Description
Responsible for the purchasing functions of both the Danvers & Clearwater facilities. Ensures that raw materials, outsourcing activities, and purchased finished goods are available when needed for their respective functions.ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Purchase raw materials for the two facilities ensuring that the raw material is available when production is ready to produce. This includes placing PO's, Monitoring Inventory Levels, communicating with end users, ensuring receipt of material.
- Utilize MRD/Kanban systems in the process of Inventory management.
- Coordinate production deliveries of our outsourced products. This includes planning, creation of PO's & WO's, scheduling with the vendor, and logistics coordination of raw material & WIPs between the facilities.
- Purchase accessories, finished goods, and other third-party resale items for sale to our customers, ensuring materials are available as needed.
- Strategically reviews the purchasing history, demands, and purchasing strategy and makes modifications to the ordering process affecting the inventory KPIs and desired pricing metrics.
- May manage the Junior Buyers including setting their tasks, monitoring performance, setting goals & objectives, and ensuring tasks are completed as required.
- Coordinate data, tasks, and projects with the Corporate Strategic Sourcing department. This also includes updating monthly trackers and KPIs for this group.
- Assist and work on specialty regulatory projects including Conflict Minerals and Supply Chain Integrity programs.
- Negotiate programs, savings, and other attributes with vendors to achieve the desired metrics for the supply chain, including best price and terms for ITW.
- Ensure department activities adhere to our ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System and that the department is fully compliant with the standard.
- Assist in PLS & 80/20 Activities to minimize our purchasing tail, determine better purchasing strategies, and identify potential improvements to our supply chain department.
- Work with the EH&S professionals to ensure that Environmental, Health & Safety issues are considered in the handling and storage of raw material and that any issues are communicated to vendors (including freight companies), employees and others as required.
- Perform administrative tasks such as cycle counts, invoice verification, and resolution of receipts.
B.S. degree in Business, Purchasing, or Supply Chain plus 5-10 years of relevant experience
Data Analysis and creating strategies for part numbers
Thorough knowledge of Supply Chain Best practices
Understanding of Lean Techniques including MRD & Kanban
Strong computer skills to create and maintain data.TRAVEL:
As necessary & up to 10% of the time.PREFERED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
Master's degree preferred
Technical Backgrounds with Chemical Supply ChainsAdditional Information
ITW is an equalopportunityemployer.We value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
Asan equal employment opportunity employer,ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.