ITW (NYSE: ITW) is a Fortune 200 global multi-industrial manufacturing leader with revenues totaling $14.1 billion in 2019. The company's seven industry-leading segments leverage the unique ITW Business Model to drive solid growth with best-in-class margins and returns in markets where highly innovative, customer-focused solutions are required. ITW's approximately 45,000 dedicated colleagues around the world thrive in the company's decentralized and entrepreneurial culture. www.itw.com .Job Description
Responsible for the purchasing functions of the Montgomeryville facility. Ensures that raw materials and outsourcing activities are available when needed for their respective functions.
- Purchase raw materials for the Montgomery facility ensuring that the raw material is available when production is ready to produce. This includes placing PO's, communicating with end users, ensuring receipt of material.
- Strategically reviews the purchasing history, demands, and purchasing strategy and makes proactive modifications to the ordering process.
- Support MRD/Kanban systems in the process of material planning, especially lead times. Support development of Inventory management process and yearly inventory counting
- Coordinate data, tasks, and projects with the Corporate Strategic Sourcing department. This also includes updating monthly trackers and KPIs for this group.
- Assist and work on specialty regulatory projects including Conflict Minerals and Supply Chain Integrity programs.
- Negotiate programs, savings, and other attributes with vendors to achieve the desired metrics for the supply chain, including best price and terms for ITW.
- Ensure department activities adhere to our ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System and that the department is fully compliant with the standard.
- Assist in PLS & 80/20 Activities to minimize our purchasing tail, determine better purchasing strategies, and identify potential improvements to our supply chain department. Develops and maintains a site purchasing plan with clear Roles and Responsibilities as it relates to Operations, Quality, Commercial team, Finance, etc..
- Reviews market and industry conditions and implements and develops alternate suppliers. recommendations. Support Risk Management efforts by identifying Sole/Single Source risks and work with Sourcing, R&D, and Segment teams to identify and qualify new suppliers.
- Work with the EH&S professionals to ensure that Environmental, Health & Safety issues are considered in the handling and storage of raw material and that any issues are communicated to vendors (including freight companies), employees and others as required.
- Support Finance activities including but not limited to monthly Purchasing Tracker updates, Inflation Modeling, year-end Cost Roll up, invoice verification, and resolution of receipts
B.S. degree in Business, Purchasing, or Supply Chain plus 3-5 years of relevant experience
Data Analysis and creating strategies for part numbers
Thorough knowledge of Supply Chain Best practices
Understanding of Lean Techniques including MRD & Kanban
Strong computer skills to create and maintain data.TRAVEL:
As necessary & up to 10% of the time.PREFERRED ATTRIBUTES:
Master's degree preferred
Technical Backgrounds with Chemical Supply ChainsAdditional Information
ITW is an equalopportunityemployer.We value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
Asan equal employment opportunity employer,ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.