Secretarial/Clerical/Data ProcessingDate Posted:
iLearn SchoolsDate Available:
03/04/2022SCOPE OF JOB:
The Purchasing Analyst/Agent is responsible for researching purchases, the analysis of outstanding purchase orders, and processing daily purchase orders.PRNICIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Purchasing of items that are necessary for day-to-day business and school operations;
- Responsible for managing and organizing all order processing and scheduling;
- Responsible for the day-to-day data entry to update vendor accounts
- Communicating with vendors on payment and invoice matters.
- Responsibilities also include: receiving invoices, preparing payment vouchers, placing account code information on invoices, updating vendor accounts, posting bills/invoices to accounts payable ledger, reporting input errors to BA;
- Coordinates school secretaries, custodians, and other related staff to ensure the appropriate functioning of the receipt of ordered goods and services.
- Process Daily Purchase Orders and Analysis of Daily Unapproved Listings for Director's signature and approvals.
- Research vendor price increases about State Contract Pricing, Bid Compliance, and determination of the need for open public bidding.
- Analyze Outstanding Purchase Order Report continuously to ensure prompt vendor payment.
- Suggest the use of substitutes or alternative products.
- Arrange for the direct purchase of items that do not require the advertising of bids by the purchasing agent.
- Be responsible for preparing standard purchase specifications.
- Interview sales representatives who have been authorized by the purchasing agent and make recommendations for purchases.
- Prepare purchase contracts.
- Work toward full audit compliance.
- Establish and maintain needed records and files.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Purchasing.
- Display the highest ethical and professional behavior in working with students, parents, school personnel, and outside agencies associated with the school.
- Participate in appropriate in-service and workshop programs and attend any required meetings.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Purchasing/Procurement: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location