Teledyne LeCroy, Inc. designs, manufactures, and markets state of the art test and measurement equipment. Originally founded as LeCroy Corporation in 1964; the company was acquired by Teledyne Technologies (NYSE: TDY) in 2012 and now operates as a wholly owned subsidiary. This Buyer role will support the manufacturing operations department in Chestnut Ridge NY.Position Summary and Responsibilities
- Coordinates all activities related to procurement of a commodity beginning with intent to purchase through delivery.
- Analyzes the requirements of the commodity, including preliminary specifications, preferred supplier, and date commodity is needed.
- Solicits and evaluates proposals for the requested commodity.
- Negotiates the lowest possible cost for the commodity balanced against the optimum quality and schedule needs
- Issues purchase orders to vendors
- Confirms orders within a defined period and assures that the commodity is delivered on schedule, at the negotiated price, and meets the quality standards of the company.
- Maintains timely control of orders, amendments, shipping notices, and other documents to assure accurate retention of records.
- Other duties may be assigned as needed
- Able to multi-task and prioritize
- Work with accounting to resolve invoice issues
Teledyne is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
- Bachelor's degree; or related experience
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of employees or vendors.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of MRP including Database software; Inventory software; Order processing systems, MS Excel and Word
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,color,religion,religious creed,gender,sexual orientation,gender identity,gender expression,transgender,pregnancy,marital status,national origin,ancestry,citizenship status,age,disability,protected Veteran Status,genetics or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal,state,or local law. If you need assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment,please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (855)479-1480. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will receive a response.