Woodland - Woodland, CAPosition Type
Full TimeEducation Level
4 Year DegreeSalary Range
DescriptionJob Description: Supply Planning ManagerCompany Information
US Agriseeds is the Woodland, CA based operating subsidiary of VoloAgri Group, Inc., a Non-GMO vegetable seed technology and breeding company dedicated to Cultivating Global HealthTM. We take pride in passionately serving every customer with customized vegetable seed and technical service solutions they can count on. Our innovative seeds produce plants with increased yields, improved disease resistance, and post-harvest processing advantages while still achieving exceptional taste! This reduces the environmental farming footprint while increasing the healthy consumption of delicious vegetables.
Our diverse team of industry experts are stationed around the world. Our Global Corporate Headquarters is based in Woodland, CA with satellite offices in Holland and Mexico City; and research stations in California (Woodland), Mexico (Culiacan), and Spain (Almeria). Our prized collection of seeds has been developed under several brands including US Agriseeds® and Axia®.Position: Supply Planning ManagerReporting to: VP of OperationsJob Description Summary:
We are seeking an energetic, passionate, detail-oriented and experienced supply chain professional who can execute on all the urgent, tactical day-to-day supply planning requirements with a long-term vision to grow efficient processes and talented organizations. In other words, a leader for our growing Supply Planning Organization within VoloAgri.
The position will lead the supply planning, decision-making and reporting related to third-party procurement as well as proprietary hybrid, open pollinated and stock seed in order to ensure stock is consistently available to meet "Available to Order" (ATO) dates. This includes leading the Supply Planning meetings and establishing production plans based on forecast demands and monitoring and directing production and operational performance to ensure timely delivery of high-quality products. Major Accountabilities:
- Leads the development and implementation of Supply Planning ("SP") process that aligns their team of seven direct reports with the Operations organization.
- Leads, trains and coaches staff to meet the objectives of SP organization.
- Identifies the scope of accountabilities and expectations for each role position.
- Drives performance management to develop, monitor and appraise individuals to achieve expectations and career succession.
- Works with key department leads along with IT to streamline and refine processes.
- Creates/updates SOPs for accuracy in a dynamic environment and lead the implementation.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Manage Supply Planning
- Reviews forecast demand against available inventory and determine stock deficit or risk for each production cycle.
- Facilitates and lead quarterly production planning meetings with breeders, product managers, production, operations and sales teams.
- Provides guidance of stock quantities to plan based on lifecycle growth, inventory and production risks and available stock seed.
- Sets the initial and final Supply Plan based on stakeholder's inputs and cutoff dates.
- Manages regulatory requirements (i.e. Phyto ADs, Country of Origin, etc.) and special instructions and insert this in the SP for 3rd Party Supplier and the Production Department based ship to destinations.
- Manages stock seed inventory and work with breeders and the Production Department on comprehensive multiplication plan.
- Fully understand the crop calendars for each production cycle to ensure the timely delivery to the processing facilities.
- Manages the monitoring of production cycles to ensure quantity, quality and delivery dates meet expected targets to the plan.
- Manages the scheduling and prioritization of receiving, processing and QC testing activities to meet ATO dates.
- Manages deviations to plan targets and drive the decision-making process of alternative solutions/adjustments to the plan to minimize negative impacts to the business.
- Escalate critical deviations to stakeholders on shortfalls to expected targets.
- Provides status reporting of expected seed production and useable inventory position through finished goods to key stakeholders.
- Works with the QA Manager on substandard inventory as to disposition.
- Manages the inventory stock taking (cycle counts) and reconciliation.
- Is the Business Process Expert for the Production Planning Module in ABS.
- Reports performance matrix (KPIs) to finance and management.
Skills and Personal Traits:
- Extensive experience Supply Chain Management (minimum 8 years).
- Management skills in multiple departments.
- Experience in an agricultural business (seed industry) or other related manufacturing operations preferred.
- Experience managing employee's performance and talent development.
- Extensive knowledge and highly proficient in the use of ERP systems (i.e. SAP, Oracle, ABS etc.) and Microsoft Office products.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- Decisive leader who collaborates within international team
- Leader who values people development and able to create motivated followers
- Strong strategic thinking and analytical skills, ability to anticipate future needs
- Strong team player, self-starter, positive attitude
- Driven to be proactive and complete tasks, projects and key initiatives on time
- Attention to detail and accuracy for high quality results
- Effective in delivering results in a time pressured environment with multiple stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills (verbal & written)
- Participate effectively in a demanding environment for results
- Ability to plan and execute budget targets and stay within those target
- Work with integrity and is respected amongst peers
VoloAgri Compensation & Benefits:
- BS or MS Degree in Business Administration with a focus on Agriculture, Supply Chain Management or Manufacturing.
- Competitive compensation package for Woodland region
- Medical & dental insurance
- Section 125 Dependent Care plans, 401(k) Plan
- Vacation, sick and holiday time off
Must provide proof of authorization to work in the United States. Other Duties:
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.To Apply
To apply directly at https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/at-jobopportunities.php?clientkey=8B211814612465E905F5513EE5419F5FDisclaimer:
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.