Our Story :
Dover Food Retail (DFR) is a leading manufacturer of Display Cases, Specialty Products, Refrigeration Systems, Power Systems and Comprehensive Services; and l eading our industry by Innovating What's Next in glass doors and intelligent merchandising technologies that keep food safe under brands such as HillPhoenix and Anthony .
DFR is part of the Refrigeration and Food Equipment segment of the Dover Corporation® (NYSE: DOV). Dover is a diversified global manufacturer with annual revenues in excess of $7 billion.
DFR is built on creativity and customer-centric innovation delivered by people invigorated by a strong sense of responsibility to help our customers win in their marketplaces. The relationships we build with our customers are as important to our success as the products we manufacture. This collaborative environment delivers FRESH THINKING, reassuring our customers that they choose the best when they choose to work with the people of Dover Food Retail. Job Title:
Conyers, GA What we're looking for:
Dover Food Retail is looking for a Buyer, whoperforms various purchasing and planning duties to obtain supplies and raw materials in support of the production schedule. The Buyer will work as part of cross-functional team to identify low-cost, high-quality, reliable sources of supply in support of strategic business objectives. What you'll be responsible for in this role:
What are the basic qualifications?
- Issue POs daily in response to various demand signals (Kanban, MRP, Min / Max)
- Expedite deliveries to ensure on-time delivery of components to the production line
- Work with other departments to mitigate impact of changes in pricing and lead times
- Partner with engineering to identify alternate materials if delivery would delay production or lead to an increase in excess inventory
- Maintain professional company image and supplier relations through daily business communications
- Utilize ERP system to provide data on demand history and usage for use in negotiating contracts / quotes with suppliers
- Provide forecast of future demand to suppliers based upon historical demand, market / sales intelligence and knowledge of engineering changes
- Issue debit memos to vendors on changes resulting from returned / rejected material
- Calculate and maintain optimal inventory levels to support safety stock needed to absorb demand variation while supporting inventory turns objectives
- Seasonally adjust purchase volumes to support business objectives
- Identify root cause of errors in material tracking processes, BOM accuracy, UOM conversions, etc. that contribute to supply chain defects
- Work closely with finance and engineering to disposition E&O material
What are the preferred qualifications?
- Bachelor's degree or 3 years' relevant experience required
- 0-3 year purchasing experience required
To be a great fit for the role:
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Outlook required
- ERP experience required
- Visual & Oracle
- CPIM certification
- Lean Six Sigma and / or Continuous Improvement experience
- Working knowledge of computers with proficiency in Microsoft Office applications. Oracle experience a plus.
- Good communication skills both written and verbal. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
Must have a bias for action and ability to make decisions.
Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
How We Define Our Values and Why You Should Join Our Team:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will frequently be required to sit and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The backbone behind our collection of outstanding businesses is a team of dedicated employees who protect and enhance our valued reputation for quality and delivering what we promise. It's our values that define Dover to all of our key audiences: our shareholders, customers, prospective employees and especially to ourselves.
These values must be expressed in our work and embody our actions, as they form the basis by which we do our jobs, make decisions and measure our performance. It's our unwavering commitment to maintaining our values that defines who we are as a Company.
What's in it for you?
- Collaborative Entrepreneurial Spirit
- Winning Through Customers
- Respects and Values People
- Expectations for Results
- High Ethical Standards, Openness, and Trust
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Flexible Spending
- Paid Holidays
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
Dover Food Retail is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, genetic information, or any other factors prohibited by law. Nearest Major Market:
Atlanta Job Segment:
Procurement, Engineer, Purchasing, Oracle, Database, Operations, Engineering, Finance, Technology