The Maintenance, Repair & Operations (MRO) Buyer purchases and maintains parts for all maintenance machines, tools, hardware, chemicals, and equipment. The MRO Buyer is responsible for ordering and ensuring consistent availability of all these items. Leads and controls the outflow and inflow of supplies, parts, tools and other related inventory items, and coordinates shipment, loading and storage activities related to maintenance inventory. The MRO Buyer assists in developing, initiating, maintaining, and improving maintenance inventory control policies and procedures as well as in related planning activities. Keeps track of large amounts of inventory using computerized inventory systems and ensures all items are appropriately received and stored. The MRO Buyer maintains accurate inventory levels, makes ordering decisions, and ensures the optimal inventory is ready for use by the Maintenance team.Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the outflow and inflow of maintenance inventory, as well as related shipment, loading and storage activities.
- Support the development, initiation, maintenance and improvement of maintenance inventory control policies and procedures, as well as related planning activities.
- Track inventory using computerized inventory systems and ensure all items are appropriately received and stored.
- Maintain accurate inventory levels, make ordering decisions, and ensure the optimal inventory is ready when needed.
- Forecast and prepare for future MRO purchasing changes or requirements.
- Work with members of the maintenance and facilities teams, other departments as needed.
- Examine and investigate misidentified or out-of-balance items and determine the causes for the discrepancies. Investigate discrepancies and inventory shortages.
- Investigate problems in the maintenance inventory system and execute necessary improvements towards better business performance, with a focus on customer satisfaction.
- Track inventory maintenance and keep management up to date regarding inventory inflow and outflow; compile inventory information and presents it to management with recommendations for effective decision making, which may include the need for restock or for quick resolution of issues.
- Regularly interact with and negotiate with vendors to obtain the most cost-efficient supplies and equipment.
- Distribute parts and other materials to authorized personnel.
- Manage maintenance department shipping and receiving and maintain records of all items to be shipped.
- Assist and advise personnel regarding choice of replacement parts, equipment, etc.
- Support the development, maintenance and enhancement of Maintenance SOPs, as well as related training activities.
- Support maintenance personnel with projects and work orders as needed.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 3 years of inventory control experience including cycle counting, inventory reconciliation, purchasing and receiving.
- Mechanical, purchasing and administrative experience.
- Strong time management, communication, teamwork, organization, reporting and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to read and understand manuals.
- Proficiency with computer programming and Microsoft Office particularly Excel.
- Degree in accounting, business or related field.
- Prior mechanical maintenance experience in the food processing industry.
- Proficiency with computerized inventory control systems.
- Experience training others on policies and procedures.
- Nutraceutical or pharmaceutical production industry experience.
- Knowledge of basic mechanics.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.