Turtle & Hughes Integrated Supply (THIS) is a national leader in the field of crib management and Integrated Supply. Our position in the industry enables us to offer growth and longevity to motivated professionals. We bring value to our customers through cost savings, inventory efficiencies and process improvements.
Turtle & Hughes is seeking a skilled Buyer
to work at a customer manufacturing location in Fort Washington, PA
will be responsible for sourcing spot buy purchases and replenishing inventory items in a production supply crib located on the site of the customer. Essential Functions:
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Coordinate customer needs
- Identify and select vendor to procure requisitioned commodities, meeting criteria such as price, quantity, quality and delivery date and place orders
- Manage inventory
- Identify cost savings initiatives
- Resolve purchasing problems with vendors
- High School Diploma or equivalent, Bachelor's degree preferred
- Knowledge of purchasing practices and procedures
- Knowledge of materials, products, and the commodity market for the site
- Skill in preparing and analyzing complex technical specifications and bids
- Excellent customer service skills
- Sourcing experience
- Organization and strong attention to detail
- Ability to be flexible
- Basic MS Office Computer Skills, must know Excel
We offer a competitive benefits package that includes a 401(k) plan, health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, life insurance, paid holidays, vacation and a host of additional employee negotiated discounts.
Turtle and Hughes is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity in the workforce.