Environmental Solutions Group encompasses industry-leading brands - Heil Environmental, Marathon, Bayne, The Curotto-Can, 3rd Eye, and Soft-Pak - to create a premier, fully integrated equipment group serving the solid waste and recycling industry. Through extensive voice-of-customer outreach, in-house engineering and manufacturing capabilities, a wide-reaching service network, and proven industry expertise, Environmental Solutions Group is focused on solving customer problems through environmentally responsible products and providing world-class support. For more information, visit www.doveresg.com.
ESG is a Dover Corporation operating company. Dover is a diversified global manufacturer and solutions provider with annual revenue of approximately $7 billion. We deliver innovative equipment and components, consumable supplies, aftermarket parts, software and digital solutions, and support services through five operating segments: Engineered Products, Fueling Solutions, Imaging & Identification, Pumps & Process Solutions and Refrigeration & Food Equipment. Dover combines global scale with operational agility to lead the markets we serve. Recognized for our entrepreneurial approach for over 60 years, our team of over 23,000 employees takes an ownership mindset, collaborating with customers to redefine what's possible. Headquartered in Downers Grove, Illinois, Dover trades on the New York Stock Exchange under "DOV." Additional information is available atdovercorporation.com. Operating Company
: Environmental Solutions Group - Heil Environmental Location:
Fort Payne, AL Reports to:
Procurement Manager Department:
Heil Material Operations POSITION SUMMARY:
Buyer II is responsible for understanding demand requirements, placing orders to meet the demand, confirming the orders, and updating the system for all order information to ensure the uninterrupted flow of goods and services is enough to support the master production schedule in our low volume/ high mix production environment for their assigned commodity. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS INCLUDE:
- Operate with a high sense of urgency and takes daily action to meet performance requirements as defined by Management.
- Follows all plant safety rules and regulations.
- Adhere to company policies, procedures, and ethics codes.
- Maintain constant continuity of supply of all purchased components and recovery plans with 8D corrective actions when necessary create, release, review, approve purchase orders within set guidelines and parameters to ensure orders are delivered according to requirements to support customer expectations.
- Review past due purchase orders, expedite deliveries as needed, and communicate timely updates to the team as necessary.
- If unsuccessful in resolving escalate supplier issues to the appropriate commodity manager.
- Provide accurate updates on order status as required including part status, quantity confirmation, revision level, quantity ordered, order confirmation date, and parts delivery date as required.
- Monitors and maintains appropriate inventory levels of raw materials and other components required. This includes verification of accuracy of on-hand quantity, reconciling Kanban loops, analyzing and/or adjusting releases from new or existing purchase orders, working with cross functional teams to identify upcoming orders and subsequent component requirements, root cause any purchase order/invoicing discrepancies. Must be able to make decisions based on the information collected above and be able to communicate this information as necessary to all appropriate parties both internally and externally.
- Report out materials status daily on any purchasing related issue impacting production and drive corrective action and resolution of purchasing issues. Prepares and issues all necessary reports and/or correspondence. Must be proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Support NCR/CAF processes to minimize any impact to the assigned value stream.
- Ensure BOM errors are communicated to appropriate personnel.
- Lead the review, root cause and corrective action for all parts issues for assigned parts.
- Participate in the "what if" process to review proposed production changes, share the information with all team members so that the group can create the most effective production scheduled.
- Participate and lead the annual physical inventory for the assigned value stream.
- Participate in new planning and inventory control initiatives, team activities and Kaizens as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Associate's degree required or equivalent experience.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- 5+ years of related experience in buying, production and materials planning, inventory control and related areas in a manufacturing environment required.
- Ability to use a computer for updating ERP, presentations, and data analysis.
- Demonstrated organizational skills to include good communication, time management, and problem solving.
- Strong analytical and technical abilities. Blueprint / schematic reading is a plus.
- Strong leadership and control of work processes from beginning to end is necessary. The job demands fast, but carefully thought-out results.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with internal and external customers as well as end-users of related products and services.
- The candidate must also demonstrate the ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams
- Strong organizational and project management skills, with the ability to handle multiple projects at once and to complete quality work in a timely manner.
- Skillful in communicating difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to work with computer-based information and systems, including Microsoft Office applications. Excel Pivot tables, V-Look Up, generate Power Point Presentations with graphic charts.
- Must be able to maintain a high level of organization throughout all daily activities. To include, but not limited to, documentation of all verbal and written correspondence with others (internal and external), proper filing of such information, planning and scheduling of appointments and the coordination of such with others within the department and/or company, time management and the prioritization of tasks. Must document on the purchase order all details relative to supply of a given component to allow for tracking and/or follow-up by others in the event of absence of the employee.
- Attendance at work, including presence at work during regular working hours or other schedule as may be assigned by the department manager, is essential. Acceptance of overtime assignments may also be required in order to meet departmental goals and objectives.
- Must be courteous and professional to others (internal and external). Must maintain a "customer service" attitude toward plant, supervisory, and management personnel to ensure that our ultimate customer receives the highest level of service. Must have the ability to interact with vendors, customers and others in a confident, professional manner.
- Travel may be required at certain times.
Strong Business Acumen and Sound Judgment
Winning the Right Way KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES: Ethics and Work Standards:
Maintain the highest ethical and work standards, while promoting the same attributes in co-workers and others. Ensure that all business activities - with both internal and external customers - to be performed with a professional demeanor and that all participants be held accountable to this high standard. Communication:
Expresses thoughts clearly, both orally and in writing, using good grammar. Presents concise, well organized reports in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel. Listens to understand input, feedback and concerns. Provides complete information in an open, honest and straightforward manner. Responds promptly and positively to questions and requests. Teamwork and Relationships:
Works with other employees willingly and in a spirit of cooperation and teamwork. Supports cooperation. Demonstrates a commitment to the entire business and is supportive of all initiatives (company and departmental) to help grow Environmental Solutions Group business in the United States and abroad. Cooperates fully with others to achieve organizational goals. Is tactful, courteous, and considerate. Embraces a positive outlook. Is respected and trusted by others. Continual Improvement and Problem Resolution :
Identifies and communicates suggestions for work improvements. Uses technical and analytical abilities to assure existing work practices are the most efficient and cost effective possible. Performs root-cause analysis and implements viable, permanent solutions to problems. Works with both internal and external customers to develop solutions which meet company-wide needs and objectives. Applies a sense of urgency to resolve problems or creates opportunities that will increase productivity and create value. Shares best practices with other employees across the business. Accountability:
Accepts responsibility and accessibility for both the strategic planning and the successful implementation of all projects, programs, and duties as outlined in this job description. Advises supervisor of concerns, problems and progress of work in a timely manner.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, genetic information, or any other factors prohibited by law.
This position may be located in: Americas : United States : Alabama : Fort Payne
Sub Division : Heil
Job Requisition ID : 44144Nearest Major Market:
Fort Payne Job Segment:
Buyer, Procurement, Purchasing, Project Manager, Supply, Finance, Operations, Technology