Environmental Solutions Group encompasses industry-leading brands - Heil Environmental, Marathon, Bayne, The Curotto-Can, 3rd Eye, and Soft-Pak - to create a premier, fully integrated equipment group serving the solid waste and recycling industry. Through extensive voice-of-customer outreach, in-house engineering and manufacturing capabilities, a wide-reaching service network, and proven industry expertise, Environmental Solutions Group is focused on solving customer problems through environmentally responsible products and providing world-class support. For more information, visit www.doveresg.com.
ESG is a Dover Corporation operating company. Dover is a diversified global manufacturer and solutions provider with annual revenue of approximately $7 billion. We deliver innovative equipment and components, consumable supplies, aftermarket parts, software and digital solutions, and support services through five operating segments: Engineered Products, Fueling Solutions, Imaging & Identification, Pumps & Process Solutions and Refrigeration & Food Equipment. Dover combines global scale with operational agility to lead the markets we serve. Recognized for our entrepreneurial approach for over 60 years, our team of over 23,000 employees takes an ownership mindset, collaborating with customers to redefine what's possible. Headquartered in Downers Grove, Illinois, Dover trades on the New York Stock Exchange under "DOV." Additional information is available atdovercorporation.com. Operating Company
: Environmental Solutions Group - Heil Environmental Location:
Fort Payne, AL Reports to:
Senior Director of Operations Department:
Operations POSITION SUMMARY:
The Procurement Manager will direct and oversee all procurement activities related to the purchasing of materials, approved goods, and services for the Heil Environmental location. The Procurement Manager will also provide inventory management for capital spare parts and manufacturing supplies. This role will be responsible for the coordination of crib activity that requires maintenance of material receipts and inventory issues during the absence of senior personnel, as well as expenditure compliance review to corporate purchasing programs. The ideal candidate is a highly analytical, self-motivated, communicator with knowledge and application of purchasing cost reduction methods and the ability to apply them to succeed.
This is a highly visible position which is part of the Heil facility leadership team. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS INCLUDE:
- Manages the contract award for most commodity purchases or services as well as spot buy of non-stock items for location requirements.
- Resolves specification issues prior to quoting process.
- Achieves cost savings goals and delivers lowest cost alternatives for sourcing of products and services to meet business demands.
- Manages inventory by reviewing requirements, entering purchase orders, and changing purchase orders as required.
- Determines the need for expediting, follows up on late orders and monitors delivery performance taking corrective action as needed.
- Reporting activities to include monthly savings, and weekly status.
- Manages the compliance review and reconciliation of P-Card expenditures for corporate charges.
- Resolves accounting discrepancies and processes supplier returns/rejections.
- Initiates purchase parts approval process (PPAP) per standard operation procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Accounting, Supply Chain or Logistics or equivalent experience.
- Preferred CPM/CPIM (Certified Purchasing Manager/Certified Production Inventory Manager).
- 7-10 years' experience in procurement or purchasing.
- 3-5 years' experience in a manufacturing industry preferred.
- Working knowledge of assigned commodity items.
- Professional phone etiquette is a must. Ability to correspond orally and in writing. Excellent communication skills necessary.
- General negotiation skills.
- Intermediate analytical and mathematical skills.
- Strong knowledge and experience of Microsoft Excel and Word, Microsoft Access a plus.
- Read and interpret part drawings.
- Knowledge and application of purchasing cost reduction methods.
- Material requirements planning (MRP) system and ERP purchasing system proficiency.
- Must be team oriented and a self-starter.
- Solid general management, leadership, and organizational skills.
- Ability to analyze issues and situations systematically.
- Ability to recommend practical solutions using innovation, good judgment, creativity, and strategic thinking.
- Problem solving skills, ability to multi-task, and having a sense of urgency.
Attract, Develop and Retain Talent
Winning the Right Way KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES: Ethics and Work Standards:
Maintain the highest ethical and work standards, while promoting the same attributes in co-workers and others. Ensure that all business activities - with both internal and external customers - to be performed with a professional demeanor and that all participants be held accountable to this high standard. Communication:
Expresses thoughts clearly, both orally and in writing, using good grammar. Presents concise, well organized reports in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel. Listens to understand input, feedback and concerns. Provides complete information in an open, honest and straightforward manner. Responds promptly and positively to questions and requests. Teamwork and Relationships:
Works with other employees willingly and in a spirit of cooperation and teamwork. Supports cooperation. Demonstrates a commitment to the entire business and is supportive of all initiatives (company and departmental) to help grow Environmental Solutions Group business in the United States and abroad. Cooperates fully with others to achieve organizational goals. Is tactful, courteous, and considerate. Embraces a positive outlook. Is respected and trusted by others. Continual Improvement and Problem Resolution :
Identifies and communicates suggestions for work improvements. Uses technical and analytical abilities to assure existing work practices are the most efficient and cost effective possible. Performs root-cause analysis and implements viable, permanent solutions to problems. Works with both internal and external customers to develop solutions which meet company-wide needs and objectives. Applies a sense of urgency to resolve problems or creates opportunities that will increase productivity and create value. Shares best practices with other employees across the business. Accountability:
Accepts responsibility and accessibility for both the strategic planning and the successful implementation of all projects, programs, and duties as outlined in this job description. Advises supervisor of concerns, problems and progress of work in a timely manner.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, genetic information, or any other factors prohibited by law.
This position may be located in: Americas : United States : Alabama : Fort Payne
Sub Division : Heil
Job Requisition ID : 44320Nearest Major Market:
Fort Payne Job Segment:
Procurement, Facilities, Logistics, Supply Chain Manager, Material Planner, Operations, Manufacturing