Jun 09, 2022
Westborough, MA, USA
Working Location: MASSACHUSETTS, WESTBOROUGH
Are you looking for a company that cares about people's lives and health, including yours? At Olympus, we help make people's lives healthier, safer and more fulfilling, every day.
Let's inspire healthier lives, together.
This role is responsible for the procurement of raw and packaging materials by converting the output of the production schedule into daily / weekly material requirements to ensure availability of the right quantity of components to the production lines when needed; communicating the plan to the different suppliers within the agreed lead times. The Senior RM Planner's output optimizes the flow of materials, while considering the plants warehouse capacity and inventory targets to eliminate potential disruptions in the storage area, minimize both storage costs as well as slow moving, obsolete or leftover inventory. The Senior RM Planner is proficient in ERP (Oracle Cloud / Oracle EBS) is the SME that fully understands and can apply, update, analyze and train to the plan inputs and outputs. The role is a skilled negotiator that can collaborate with commodity management on commodity strategy as well as cost avoidance and cost reduction initiatives. This role is skilled at analysis and creating files and presentations to communicate or escalate internally and externally.
* Ensures that all material delivery schedules are communicated to the suppliers on time in order to meet plan requirements (confirm P.Os.). Liaises with the suppliers to clarify potential plan constraints and interfaces between supplier and the key internal stakeholders until issues are solved.
* In partnership with commodity management and supplier quality, tracks and reports site level supplier service performance, communicating the information to the relevant parties.
* Communicates, escalates, and resolves material issues that support the production schedules with management and production planners.
* Interfaces with QA and warehouse staff regarding rejected/defective materials, making the necessary physical arrangements with the supplier to ensure a prompt return of goods or disposal.
* Manages potential abrupt deviations to the plan assessing with the suppliers the feasibility of the changes, rapidly highlighting to the affected internal stakeholders if the changes are not possible.
* Liaises with warehouse staff to understand and adhere to space constraints, managing inventory levels within agreed targets that meeting inventory targets.
* Provide material supplier input to the S&OP process, including delivering forecast for material suppliers, to allow for transparency of risks and opportunities.
* Effectively partners with all internal and external business partners.
* Responsible for continuous improvement of the process supported.
* Executes on Material Phase in Phase Out processes.
* Ensure compliance with FDA, GMP, ISO and Corporate Quality System regulations.
* Maintain responsibility for proactively communicating the ERP forecast as well as part drawing changes (ECO) to the suppliers.
* Maintain responsibility for maintaining ASL and Sourcing rule accuracy.
* All other essential duties as required.
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in years of related work experience in Supply Chain Certification (APICS/ IBF) desirable.
* Minimum of 5 years of related experience.
* Experience with ERP systems (Oracle Cloud, Oracle and Advance Planning Systems desirable).
* Experience in Procurement and supplier negotiations
* Planning or manufacturing experience in a Medical/ Pharmaceutical or Consumer industry preferred.
* Data mining & reporting skills through MS Excel or equivalent.
* End to End Supply Chain Understanding.
* Ability to apply project and personal leadership to successfully achieve project, team and individual goals.
* Ability to share knowledge and personal experience with peers.
* Ability to build strong collaborative relationships, considering diverse perspectives and styles.
* Ability to target their communications as appropriate for the audience and make presentations too small to medium sized audiences.
We realize work isn't just a job to you.
It's a big part of your life, but not the only part. That's why we offer competitive salaries, a robust 401(k) program, annual bonus program and comprehensive medical benefits, as well as tuition reimbursement, flexible schedules, parental and adoption leave, on-site services and Colleague Affinity Networks - so you can be ready for where life can take you.
Olympus requires all new hires to be "fully vaccinated" against COVID-19, as defined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), on or before their first day of work. Individuals who have been offered employment who have a disability, medical condition, or sincerely-held religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated against COVID-19 are required to request and be granted a reasonable accommodation prior to their first day of work.
Olympus is passionate about the solutions it creates for the medical, life sciences, and industrial equipment industries, as well as cameras and audio products. For more than 100 years, Olympus has focused on making people's lives healthier, safer and more fulfilling by helping detect, prevent, and treat disease, furthering scientific research, ensuring public safety, and capturing images of the world.
Olympus' Medical business uses innovative capabilities in medical technology, therapeutic intervention, and precision manufacturing to help healthcare professionals deliver diagnostic, therapeutic, and minimally invasive procedures to improve clinical outcomes, reduce overall costs, and enhance the quality of life for patients. Olympus' Medical portfolio includes endoscopes, laparoscopes, and video imaging systems, as well as surgical energy devices, system integration solutions, medical services, and a wide range of endotherapy instruments for endoscopic and therapeutic applications. For more information, visit www.olympus-global.com.
Olympus...True To You. True To Society. True To LIFE.
It is the policy of Olympus to extend equal employment and advancement opportunity to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship status, religious creed (including dress and grooming practices), age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth and/or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability (physical or mental) and/or a medical condition, genetic information, ancestry, veteran status or service in the uniformed services, and any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Posting Notes: || United States (US) || Massachusetts (US-MA) || Westborough ||
Nearest Major Market: Worcester
Database, Oracle, ERP, Warehouse, Data Mining, Technology, Manufacturing