Jun 20, 2022
Westborough, MA, USA
Working Location: MASSACHUSETTS, WESTBOROUGH
Are you looking for a company that cares about people's lives and health, including yours? At Olympus, we help make people's lives healthier, safer and more fulfilling, every day.
Let's inspire healthier lives, together.
The Global Category Manager is responsible to develop and to implement long-term strategies for a global category in close collaboration with internal stakeholders and the global/ regional procurement organization. This role is managing a global supplier portfolio including continuous development to create a competitive advantage for Olympus.
For creating strategies, the Global Category Manager works closely together with different regions for analyzing current status and internal requirements and combines this information with a deep knowledge about global and regional market trends as well as manufacturing processes.
This role is responsible for management of tenders, price and contract negotiations and their conclusion as well as driving cost reduction and supplier development programs.
* Definition of global category strategies for production materials or externally manufactured finished products (EPDS) including risk-management
* Sourcing, supplier selection, contract negotiation and management
* Ensure early supplier identification and selection, working closely with regional Advanced Sourcing Team
* Supplier relationship management (SRM)
* Close collaboration with global procurement organization
* Supplier performance management and supplier development
* Continuous improvement of material, finished products (EPDS) and services costs
* Develop and drive continuous improvements in Category Management processes
* Academic degree Business Administration or similar field.
* Minimum of 5 years experience in management of purchasing categories.
* Experience in leading and participating on cross-functional and/or global teams, and a track record of successfully leading projects and problem-solving initiatives.
* Experience in the development and management of an international supply base is essential.
* Sound experience developing and implementing category-strategies.
* Experience managing and partnering with suppliers as well as internal stakeholder.
* Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 20%.
* Experience of SRM-applications is a plus.
* Good knowledge of ERP-systems (preferably SAP) and MS-Office-applications.
* Strategic mind-set and hands-on approach.
* Ability to condense and present complex information to key personnel in meaningful reports and presentations.
* Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate in a multicultural environment with all management levels.
We realize work isn't just a job to you.
It's a big part of your life, but not the only part. That's why we offer competitive salaries, a robust 401(k) program, annual bonus program and comprehensive medical benefits, as well as tuition reimbursement, flexible schedules, parental and adoption leave, on-site services and Colleague Affinity Networks - so you can be ready for where life can take you.
Olympus requires all new hires to be "fully vaccinated" against COVID-19, as defined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), on or before their first day of work. Individuals who have been offered employment who have a disability, medical condition, or sincerely-held religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated against COVID-19 are required to request and be granted a reasonable accommodation prior to their first day of work.
Olympus is passionate about the solutions it creates for the medical, life sciences, and industrial equipment industries, as well as cameras and audio products. For more than 100 years, Olympus has focused on making people's lives healthier, safer and more fulfilling by helping detect, prevent, and treat disease, furthering scientific research, ensuring public safety, and capturing images of the world.
Olympus' Medical business uses innovative capabilities in medical technology, therapeutic intervention, and precision manufacturing to help healthcare professionals deliver diagnostic, therapeutic, and minimally invasive procedures to improve clinical outcomes, reduce overall costs, and enhance the quality of life for patients. Olympus' Medical portfolio includes endoscopes, laparoscopes, and video imaging systems, as well as surgical energy devices, system integration solutions, medical services, and a wide range of endotherapy instruments for endoscopic and therapeutic applications. For more information, visit www.olympus-global.com.
Olympus...True To You. True To Society. True To LIFE.
It is the policy of Olympus to extend equal employment and advancement opportunity to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship status, religious creed (including dress and grooming practices), age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth and/or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability (physical or mental) and/or a medical condition, genetic information, ancestry, veteran status or service in the uniformed services, and any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Posting Notes: || États-Unis (US) || Massachusetts (US-MA) || Westborough ||
Nearest Major Market: Worcester
Manager, Performance Management, Relationship Manager, SAP, Marketing, Management, Customer Service, Human Resources, Technology