Independently, performs the more complex procurement activities. Leads assigned projects with regards to procuring and distribution of materials, parts, equipment, supplies and services for the organization. Other areas of focus include supplier management, cost reduction, sourcing, supply risk management, and spend analytics, ERP/MRP utilization, and troubleshooting.Who we are
At SMS group, our people are our greatest asset. We offer an entrepreneurial environment that promotes a culture of innovation, growth, and inclusion. We offer company events, activities, and opportunities to participate in charitable initiatives that benefit the communities where we are located.
Company WebsiteWhat you'll do
What you'll need
- Manage the entire purchase order process; including appropriate documentation, data entry, submission, order expediting, delivery, and reconciliation of related issues
- Analyze requirements of commodities including, but not limited to, preliminary specifications, appropriate supplier(s), logistics and delivery/schedule requirements. Obtain competitive bids per procedure (domestic and international); evaluate, negotiate price, purchase terms, and delivery
- Identify and lead opportunities to drive performance in quality, cost, and delivery
- Assure commodities are delivered in accordance with order terms including, but not limited to, price, schedule and quality specifications
- Ensure the relevant data (quotes, amendments, delivery, & quality) in purchasing systems and data bases are updated and maintained in a timely and accurate manner
- Enforce and abide by company policies, procedures and compliance guidelines
- Manage supply chain activities through continuous assessment of supplier performance with regards to quality, cost, and delivery. Make recommendation(s) for procurement changes based on tangible metrics and data
- Prepare key performance indicators (KPIs), reports and data Summaries
- Uphold the organizations mission, values, and goals through accountability, innovation, integrity, quality and team work.
- Assist in the mentoring and training of purchasing staff
- Perform other related duties as may be assigned
What we offer
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four year college / university or 5 years of experience in purchasing, ERP/MRP systems, and supply chain operations in lieu of Bachelor's degree
- Demonstrated prior success in achieving results in a team-driven environment
- 2 years SAP experience preferred
- Ability to read, comprehend and interpret documentation such as engineering drawings and technical specifications
- Ability to communicate and exercise positive relationships amongst various departments throughout the organization
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, frequently changing and evolving environment
- Knowledge of International Shipping Terms (INCO Terms)
- Be results-oriented with excellent analytical, communication, and organization skills
- Proficiency with business systems such as database software, manufacturing software, order processing systems (SAP) and Microsoft Office programs
Competitive compensation, medical/dental/vision coverage, paid vacation, paid holiday time, 401k with a company match, training, a tuition reimbursement program and more! What we do
SMS group is the leading partner in the world of metals. We are an original equipment supplier offering comprehensive maintenance and spare part services for metals production, continuous casting and rolling (flat and long products), tubes, welded pipes, forging, non-ferrous technology, and heat treatment plants - all from a single source.
SMS group Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, gender identity or other categories protected by law. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a drug screen and physical capacity profile test.