Nov 05, 2020
Hoffman Estates, IL, USA
Claire's - A Career that's always in style
Buyer Merchandise Concessions
About the Role
The primary function of the Merchandise Concessions department is to deliver commercially focused and balanced product ranges for our concessions' partners that meet their customers' needs. This will be achieved through the delivery of our global company and departmental strategies, as well as adhering to the product integrity of our Claire's brand. The Buyer of merchandise concessions will drive product strategy, assortment and limited development for our concessions' partners, that meets or exceeds financial targets.
• Understand the strategic objectives of the company, as well as our concessions' partners to build profitable product strategies based on historical data, competitive data and current fashion and item trends. Own the product life cycle in our concessions' partners from beginning to end.
• Build assortments for each concessions partner, tailoring each assortment for their specific needs, i.e. fixture requirements, POG calendar and category constraints consistent with financial plans and merchandising trends.
• Collaborate with B&M buying organization, to ensure that the assortment need of our concessions partners is a part of the initial development of product lines. Utilize the buying power of both concessions and B&M to drive lower product costs, further maximizing profitability.
• Meet and strategize with planning counterpart regularly to identify financial risks and opportunities in preparation for CMO lead MPPR meetings, along with time and action of any necessary follow ups.
• When needed, partner with product design team to develop exclusive product for our concessions' partners that will maintain the integrity of the Claire's brand as well as maximize sales and profitability within our concession channels.
• Analyze business weekly, monthly and seasonally to identify trends and shifts in the concessions' business and develop actions to maximize those trends and mitigate and exposed risks.
• Visit concessions stores and competitors to review assortments and surface sales driving opportunities.
• Partner with various cross functional departments including but not limited to planning and allocation, marketing, product design, logistics and In-Store presentation to ensure the correct execution of assortment strategies for concessions.
• Take ownership of training and development of assistant and associate team members, acting as a role model and mentor.
• Lead a positive team environment by creating an engaging experience, setting goals and expectations, training and developing direct reports, and recognizing accomplishments.
• Minimum of 3 years buying experience. Accessories and/or Jewelry experience a plus.
• High level of business acumen and demonstrated problem solving skills
• Strong negotiation, timely decision making, organization and analytical skills
• Ability to collaborate cross functionally and motivate at all levels to drive productivity
• Ability to think clearly and strategically in a high energy, face paced environment
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Category management and data analysis
• Acute sense of brand and customer base
• Firm grasp of current trends and how they apply to the Claire's customer.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
• 10% Travel (Domestic and International)
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent required, ideally in business or fashion merchandising