At Lakeshore, we create innovative learning materials and world-class guest experiences for teachers, parents and children. Since 1954, we've grown into a global community-with a thriving e-commerce business, multiple catalogs, 60+ retail stores, a peerless national sales force, plus international offices that support our preeminent supply chain division. But today we're working better, smarter and faster than ever-and setting our sights even higher. We're building an infrastructure designed for scalability, embracing data-driven decision-making and using technology to improve efficiency and ensure the best tools for the best work. Most importantly, we continue to invest in a diverse team of inquisitive top talent who fuel each other's passions and curiosity, take risks, try new things and believe that every new day brings opportunities for growth.Job DescriptionA day in the office looks like this:
QualificationsGot the skills and experience? Here's what we're looking for:
- Build and execute a sourcing strategy that supports expansion of our international vendor network in emerging markets
- Develop relationships with factories and assess production capabilities that meet our strict quality standards.
- Negotiate and oversee process for entering into sourcing-related business agreements (e.g., private brands contracts, confidentiality agreements, fill rate agreements with suppliers, etc.)
- Leverage knowledge of the Company's products and services to manage the needs of diverse stakeholders and ensure effective collaboration with cross-functional partners and vendors.
- Drive strategies in partnership with International Fair-Trade Product & Labor Standards to ensure compliance policies are met across all products and suppliers.
- Negotiate complex contract terms with suppliers with an eye on cost, efficiency, quality, and service.
- Deliver on margin goals by driving cost and product development initiatives in collaboration with cross-functional leaders.
- Build a team that fosters a culture of protecting the Lakeshore brand through responsibly sourced quality merchandise.
- Lead supplier rationalization and increase leveraging of strategic suppliers across all factory direct relationships.
- Drive sourcing strategies that evolve with shifts in trade policies and allow for flexibility through an on-going, active knowledge of a dynamic geo-political landscape.
- Lead with a focus on flexible product development models that drive increased creativity and innovation from manufacturers.
- Develop processes and operations that enable efficiency, scale and productivity.
- Attend industry trade shows to identify and report on new sourcing opportunities.
- Drive sourcing strategies and solutions that support global distribution while balancing need for localization and speed-to-market.
- Implement sourcing strategies that maximize value capture and minimize risk with a goal of year over-year improvement across categories.
Additional InformationAnd here's our end of the bargain!
- Bachelor's degree (B. A. or B. S.) or equivalent from four-year college in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, Engineering or related field. An advanced degree is a plus.
- 10+ years of significant, proven experience leading product sourcing teams on a global scale.
- In-depth working knowledge of global manufacturing relationships
- Deep knowledge of international labor and regulatory standards and other established supplier performance schemes
- Valid driver's license and the ability to obtain a U.S. passport for international travel
- Must be proficient in Microsoft platforms such as Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Lean, Six-sigma or other certificates preferred
- Competitive compensation based on skills and experience, plus a bonus plan
- Excellent medical/dental and vision coverage-EPO, PPO and HSA
- 401(k) retirement plan with company contribution (because you will retire someday)
- Flexible benefits-choose what you like, ignore the rest
- On-site preschool for our employees' children
- On-site employee gym for all levels/fitness needs
- Generous employee discount on products that make you smarter
- Casual dress...and we really mean it
At Lakeshore, we know our diversity makes us stronger, and when everyone feels included and valued, we all win. We strive to embrace our differences and create an intentionally diverse and inclusive community that is representative of the teachers, families and children we serve.
We know we couldn't do the extraordinary things we're doing without the people on our team. Thanks to the passion and enthusiasm of this spectacular group, Lakeshore is more than a great place to work-it's a great experience to be part of. Day in and day out, we give everything we've got to create products that instill a sense of wonder and foster a true love of learning. To help maintain this high bar for success, we're constantly on the lookout for people to join us. So if you're a down-to-earth professional who shares our desire for making a difference, we'd love to hear from you.
To learn more about Lakeshore, visit www.lakeshorelearning.com/careers Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
People are selected to become members of the Lakeshore family based on skill, merit and mind-boggling talent-not based on race, color, creed, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity, marital status, domestic partnership status, military status, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, alienage, AIDS or AIDS-related complex status, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status as a victim of domestic violence, physical or mental disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If things aren't equal, we all lose.