Job Description:Collaborate with Innovative 3Mers Around the World
Choosing where to start and grow your career has a major impact on your professional and personal life, so it's equally important you know that the company that you choose to work at, and its leaders, will support and guide you. With a diversity of people, global locations, technologies and products, 3M is a place where you can collaborate with 96,000 other curious, creative 3Mers.
"For more than 30 years at 3M, I've seen firsthand how it's a place where curious, creative and collaborative people thrive and build a rewarding career. As a leader in this company, my goal is to ensure each 3Mer sees and feels the positive impact we're making around the world" - Mike Roman, chief executive officer and chairman, 3M
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career. The Impact You'll Make in this Role
As a Global Strategic Sourcing Analyst, you will have the opportunity to tap into your curiosity and collaborate with some of the most innovative and diverse people around the world. Here, you will make an impact by:
- Providing analytical and application support for Sourcing Operations to help drive operational excellence in the areas of service, responsiveness and cost.
- Identifying opportunities for process improvements that improve cost and service through analysis of Sourcing information and metrics.
- Developing and expanding knowledge of strategic analysis, supplier and market analysis, benchmarking and Sourcing effectiveness.
Your Skills and Expertise
- Representing Sourcing on 3M Business internal, and Sourcing cross-functional teams.
- Increasing knowledge of Sourcing Operations strategies and activities to meet specific 3M internal business unit requirements through assigned activities and projects.
To set you up for success in this role from day one, 3M is looking for candidates who must have the following qualifications:
- Currently possess or in the last year of pursuing a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
Additional qualifications that could help you succeed even further in this role include:
- Current cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- Previous or current internship co-op and/or industry experience Experience with business processes and systems functionality within Procurement, Supply Chain , Sourcing, Finance and/or AccountingIntermediate (graphs, sorting data, basic formulas) proficiency with MS Excel Experience working with cross-functional teams
Travel: May include up to 5% domestic travel Relocation: May be authorized Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status). Supporting Your Well-being
- Intermediate (hyperlinks, animation, org charts) proficiency with MS PowerPoint
- Experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
3M offers many programs to help you live your best life - both physically and financially. To ensure competitive pay and benefits, 3M regularly benchmarks with other companies that are comparable in size and scope. Resources for You
For more details on what happens before, during and after the interview process, check out the Insights for Candidates page at 3M.com/careers.
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M.
Responsibilities of this position include that corporate policies, procedures and security standards are complied with while performing assigned duties.
Our approach to flexibility is called Work Your Way, which puts employees first and drives well-being in ways that enable 3M's business and performance goals. You have flexibility in where and when work gets done. It all depends on where and when you can do your best work.
Pay & Benefits Overview: https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/careers-us/working-at-3m/benefits/
Please access the linked document by clicking here, select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.