Assists Buyers in the everyday functions related to inventory control, product turns, order fill rates, and various routine functions related to purchasing.Essential Functions
- Verifies all purchase orders.
- Maintains vendor details and files.
- Completion of scheduled tasks in a timely manner.
- Assists in maintenance of an acceptable level of customer order fill rate.
- Assists in controlling inventory levels and maximizing inventory turns.
- Verifies all purchase orders to the broker or manufacturer. (EDI or EMAIL)
- Handles special projects and tasks as requested.
- Verifies product receiving and problem solves related issues.
- Assists with bill-backs.
- Microsoft Office software and main frame computer skills.
- Strong organizational skills with orientation to detail.
- Must have well-developed interpersonal skills and have the ability to promote harmonious relationships with staff, peers, and supervisors.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday; 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. Hours listed are general hours and may be altered as needed. Additional hours may be required to fulfill job duties and position expectations.Preferred Education and Experience
- Completion of some post-secondary education preferred.
- Experience in the wholesale/retail sale of consumer products.