Maintenance of an acceptable level of in-stock products while maximizing inventory turns. Management of manufacturers' incentive and accrual programs. Regular review of product mix to maintain the best-selling products within a category and arrange for return or disposal of slow-selling products. Management of deals and allowance schedules.Essential Functions
- Maintains a customer order fill rate of 98%.
- Maintains an aged inventory of less than 5% the categories total inventory.
- Annual number of product turns determined by category standard.
- Works directly with Senior Procurement Manager
- Controls inventory levels and maximizes inventory turns and liquidates old or discontinued inventory.
- Manages vendor returns and reclamation.
- Manages manufacturers' price lists and the weekly price change notifications.
- Responsible for each distribution center as it relates to the category. This will include SAS as primary vendor or direct manufacturers' shipments.
- Placement of routine maintenance purchase orders.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and mainframe systems (I-5/AS400).
- Must possess superior verbal and written skills.
- Must have a participative management style and be an advocate of team concept.
- Must have well developed interpersonal skills and have the ability to promote harmonious relationships with staff, peers, and supervisors.
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. Hours listed are general hours and may be altered as needed. Additional hours may be required to fulfill job duties and position expectations.Travel
Occasional travel is expected for this positionRequired Education and Experience
Equal Employment Policy
- Must have the verbal, quantitative, and interpersonal skills normally acquired through the completion of a Bachelor's Degree.
- Two plus (2+) years' experience in purchasing/marketing within the wholesale/retail business.
S. Abraham & Sons, Inc. hiring and employment practices are based on job qualifications, performance, and/or conduct without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, height, weight, disability, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.