The Category Analyst provides support to the Category Manager Team, store operations, and vendor partners in everyday functions of their categories. They are responsible for conducting analysis of category performance, industry trends & insights, while executing promotional planning, and day to day vendor management. This individual is also responsible for the overall execution of the strategy initiatives that support the Marketing Department.Essential Functions:
- Proven ability to generate, analyze, and draw conclusions on large amounts of data to support efficient management of the category and drive critical business decisions.
- Assist Category Mangers in the management of day-to-day vendor contact for all issues related to sku set up, pricing, costs, product logistics, in-stocks etc.
- Responsible for the planning, tracking, and execution of vendor/operations sales incentives and/or contests.
- Understand, analyze, and provide support as well as recommendations to the Category Managers for all aspects associated with the planogram assortment, planning, and process.
- Collaborate on promotional and pricing management and execute associated activities.
- In store merchandising opportunities to support operational team with occasional overnight travel required.
- All other duties as assigned to achieve operational excellence in the business unit.
- One Team One Dream!
- 1-3 years previous work experience. Retail experience preferred but not necessary.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, management, business economics or related field preferred. Experience and education that meet the minimum requirements may be substituted
- Radical curiosity of retail and the constantly changing marketplace
- Must be detail-oriented and able to juggle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Strong presentation, written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to proactively and creatively problem solve as an individual and with a team
- Experience working with Syndicated/POS databases such as IRI/Nielsen is preferred but not necessary
- Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint experience (Proficiency in Microsoft Excel is preferred)
The physical requirements described here are examples of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be considered that might assist those individuals with disabilities in order to perform the essential task and duties.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk and/or hear. The employee frequently is required to use his/her hands in order to handle or grasp items of varying weight. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with both hands and arms. Work Environment:
The work environment described below is an example of those an employee will experience while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be considered that might assist those individuals with disabilities to perform the essential tasks and functions of their job.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate at a normal range.
The lighting will include natural light from the outside as well as fluorescent lighting throughout the work areas.THE ABOVE STATEMENTS REFLECT THE GENERAL QUALIFICATIONS / DUTIES AND /OR RESPONSIBILITIES NECESSARY TO IDENTIFY THE JOB AND ARE NOT NECESSARILY INTENDED TO SET FORTH ALL OF THE SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS OF THE JOB.NOTE: This Job Description may change periodically as required by business necessity, with or without advance notice to employees.Circle K is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Company complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (the ADA) and all state and local disability laws. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to a reasonable accommodation under the terms of the ADA and certain state or local laws as long as it does not impose an undue hardship on the Company. Please inform the Company's Human Resources Representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
Click below to review information about our company's use of the federal E-Verify program to check work eligibility: