We have many opportunities available on our other career site pages. Click here to link to our careers page!
Signet Jewelers is the world's largest retailer of diamond jewelry, operating more than 2,800 stores worldwide under the iconic brands: Kay Jewelers, Zales, Jared, H.Samuel, Ernest Jones, Peoples, Piercing Pagoda, Rocksbox and JamesAllen.com. We are a people-first company and this core value is at the heart of everything we do, from empowering our valued team members, to collaborating with our customers, to fostering the communities in which we live and serve. People - and the love their actions inspire - are what drive us. We're not only proud of the love we inspire outside our walls, we're especially proud of the diversity, inclusion and equity we're inspiring inside. There are dynamic career paths awaiting you - rewarding opportunities to impact the lives of others and inspire love. Join us!WHO WE ARE:
We are the world's largest retailer of diamond jewelry and the world's largest specialty jewelry retailer, with #1 market share in the U.S., UK and Canada. Signet operates approximately 3,200 stores globally, under the brand names Kay Jewelers, Zales, Jared, H.Samuel, Ernest Jones, Peoples Jewellers, Banter by Piercing Pagoda, JamesAllen.com, and Rocksbox! ALL ARE WELCOME HERE:
Signet is a people first company - this means that we put our customers and our employees at the center of everything we do. Our culture celebrates diversity and inclusion, while uniting around a common mission and distinct privilege of helping our customers Celebrate Life and Express Love®. We strive to make sure that our 35,000 employees have professional, personal and social development opportunities to unleash their full potential and have equal opportunity for advancement, regardless of their gender, race, sexuality or any other aspect of their background. At Signet, we nurture an inclusive environment where employees feel safe, supported and empowered at work each day. We do not and will not tolerate any behavior that undermines this effort.
This position is responsible for developing and implementing sourcing strategies across all Information Technology (IT) and Digital spend categories (including hardware, software, telecom and services), identifying cost savings opportunities, driving change and implementing best practices to support a best in class Procurement function. Supports other functions as needed.
* Develop and execute Category Strategy. Analyze Marketplace and Category Spend. Prepare RFx(s) and send to Suppliers. Review RFP Responses, lead Pricing Analysis and Supplier Selection process. Negotiate with Selected Suppliers. Lead negotiations of commercial contract terms and execution of contracts. Develop Transition Plan and Utilize consistent and appropriate sourcing practices throughout projects to maintain a competitive environment and delivery of savings.
* Accountable for building strong and effective relationships with internal stakeholders in support of Sourcing goals.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders to support definition of the strategy for IT/Digital spend categories and related programs.
- Alignment with Finance to define baselines and savings in accordance with Savings Playbook.
- Work with other internal partners as needed: Legal, Contracts Management, Procurement Operations, InfoSec and Risk Management.
* Identify new Sourcing opportunities to drive cost savings leveraging knowledge of technology/digital marketplace and trends, ZBX approaches, research tools and partnering with internal stakeholders. Support development of robust roadmap that defines projects and resources required for Sourcing projects. Regularly update internal Sourcing Savings tracking tools in order to ensure Sourcing commitments are achieved.
* Effectively manage key supplier relationships, including supporting benchmarking and ongoing performance measurement activities as needed. Analyze market space to identify potential suppliers for sourcing efforts, including support of Signet's Supplier Diversity goals.
Performs additional duties and projects as assigned.
Consistent regular scheduled attendance is considered an essential function of this job.
Education Required: Bachelor's degree in Business, Supply Chain, Finance, or related field.
Required or Acceptable Job-Related Experience:
- Ability to think strategically and align goals with department and corporate strategy.
- Strong understanding of current IT/Digital market dynamics and experience with key suppliers, including Oracle, Microsoft, SAP and AWS.
- Keen analytical, decision-making, and problem-solving skills and abilities.
- Effective relationship building, strong influencing, communication (verbal and written), and presentation skills.
- Strong time management and organizational skills with the ability to delegate responsibilities and work on multiple efforts at the same time.
- Excellent negotiation skills with the ability to partner with and influence cross-functional teams. .
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to work autonomously, collaboratively, and as a member of cross-functional business teams.
- Experience leveraging multiple Sourcing tactics/strategies, including leading RFx processes, auctions, sole source negotiation, and ZBX analysis.
- Familiarity and experience with 7 Step Sourcing process.
Years of Job-Related Experience Required: 7+ years recommended of experience in enterprise level IT and/or Digital sourcing, and/or purchasing, demonstrating progressive levels of responsibility.
Technical/Other Skills Required:
- Technical expertise across e-Procurement technologies (e.g. Ariba, GEP, Oracle, Coupa) , including contracts management, eSourcing (including auction formats) and spend analytics.
- Advanced experience using Microsoft tools particularly Excel and PowerPoint in support of sourcing activities.
Strong data analytics capabilities and demonstrated financial acumen.