Catalent Pharma Solutions in Somerset, NJ is hiring a Buyer Planner for the Supply Chain team. This person is primarily responsible for indirect and direct material procurement, delivery, and confirmation of delivery and release to support the Master Product Schedule. This is a full-time position: Monday - Friday, 8:00AM-4:30PM.
Catalent is a global, high-growth, public company, and a leading partner for the pharmaceutical industry in the development and manufacturing of new treatments for patients worldwide. Your talents, ideas, and passion are essential to our mission: to help people live better, healthier lives. Catalent in Somerset, NJ is home to oral solid dose manufacturing operations as part of the Oral and Specialty Delivery (OSD) business unit. On site we have our state-of-the-art laboratory, clinical, and commercial manufacturing plant for oral dose forms in addition to being the Catalent Center of Excellence for handling Highly Potent Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients.Catalent is committed to a Patient First culture through excellence in quality and compliance, and to the safety of every patient, consumer, and Catalent employee. The Role
- Responsible for the supply of all materials to support production at Somerset facility.
- Identify issues and resolves problems regarding materials. Supports problem resolution and communication to all affected internal departments.
- Lead investigations related to material discrepancies and Trackwise events.
- Generate and issues purchase orders (PO) to Suppliers within JDE in accordance with Approved Suppliers and ensures timely approval of PO's with associated approval chain.
- Maintain trackers of Order status, PO status, lead time, and receipt for all goods.
- Source new suppliers, vendors, distributors as needed based on input from Formulations and Operations.
- Monitor and adjust open PO's and supplier commitments. Resolves 3-way match issues to ensure timely supplier payment.
- Maintain inventory levels consistent with site policies and goals. Quarterly adjusts safety stock levels in JDE based on self-analysis of inventory levels.
- Review excess & obsoletes inventory and provides supporting data to seek customer reimbursement for customer owned materials.
- Process materials for shipment including material samples and supports shipment documentation preparation.
- All other duties as assigned;
Why you should join Catalent:
- Bachelor's Degree in Life Science, Supply Chain, or Business highly preferred.
- Minimum 2-4 years' experience in a similar role within the pharmaceutical industry
- Ability to read, understand, and act on MRP reports, stock status reports, and material variance reports.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven history of teamwork and collaboration skills
- Must be organized, analytical, and able to work on multiple tasks simultaneously
- Able to take in data, analyse and organize the information, and prioritize tasks based on business and team needs.
- Individual may be required to sit, stand, walk regularly and occasionally lift 0-15 pounds;
Catalent offers rewarding opportunities to further your career!
- Defined career path and annual performance review and feedback process
- Diverse, inclusive culture
- 19 days of PTO + 8 paid holidays
- Several Employee Resource Groups focusing on D&I
- Dynamic, fast-paced work environment
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Positive working environment focusing on continually improving processes to remain innovative
- Potential for career growth on an expanding team within an organization dedicated to preserving and bettering lives
- Competitive salary with annual bonus potential
- Community engagement and green initiatives
- Generous 401K match and Paid Time Off accrual
- Medical, dental and vision benefits effective day one of employment
- Tuition Reimbursement - Let us help you finish your degree or earn a new one!
- GymPass program to promote overall physical wellness
- Perkspot - offers exclusive or private discounts from approximately 900+ merchants in a wide array of categories
Join the global drug development and delivery leader and help us bring over 7,000 life-saving and life-enhancing products to patients around the world. Catalent is an exciting and growing international company where employees work directly with pharma, biopharma and consumer health companies of all sizes to advance new medicines from early development to clinical trials and to the market. Catalent produces more than 70 billion doses per year, and each one will be used by someone who is counting on us. Join us in making a difference.
Catalent is committed to the health and safety of its employees, visitors and the customers and patients we serve. As a result of the global pandemic, we have modified many of our recruitment and on-boarding processes to maintain everyone's safety. The Human Resources teams will communicate all necessary safety processes and procedures throughout each stage.
personal initiative. dynamic pace. meaningful work.
Visit Catalent Careers to explore career opportunities.
Catalent is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and veterans.
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, you may submit your request by sending an email, and confirming your request for an accommodation and include the job number, title and location to DisabilityAccommodations@catalent.com. This option is reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability. Information received will be processed by a U.S. Catalent employee and then routed to a local recruiter who will provide assistance to ensure appropriate consideration in the application or hiring process.
Notice to Agency and Search Firm Representatives: Catalent Pharma Solutions (Catalent) is not accepting unsolicited resumes from agencies and/or search firms for this job posting. Resumes submitted to any Catalent employee by a third party agency and/or search firm without a valid written & signed search agreement, will become the sole property of Catalent. No fee will be paid if a candidate is hired for this position as a result of an unsolicited agency or search firm referral. Thank you.
Important Security Notice to U.S. Job Seekers:
Catalent NEVER asks candidates to provide any type of payment, bank details, photocopies of identification, social security number or other highly sensitive personal information during the offer process, and we NEVER do so via email or social media. If you receive any such request, DO NOT respond- it is a fraudulent request. Please forward such requests to email@example.com for us to investigate with local authorities.