Sep 28, 2022
Monument, CO, USA
At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world's leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Responsible for ensuring that materials supply equals demand, optimizing overall cost of Purchasing, supporting the business development effort with current and potential customers, and development / implementation of purchasing strategies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
Recruitment and Retention:
• Recruit, interview and hire Purchasing Supervisors and Planner/Buyers.
• Communicate criteria to recruiters for Purchasing Supervisors and Planner/Buyer position candidates.
• Coach Materials staff in the interviewing/hiring process.
• Monitor team member turnover; identify key factors that can be improved; make improvements.
Employee and Team Development:
• Identify individual and team strengths and development needs on an ongoing basis.
• Create and/or validate training curriculum in area of responsibility.
• Coach and mentor Materials staff to deliver excellence to every internal and external customer.
• Create and manage succession plans for Materials function.
• Establish clear measurable goals and objectives by which to determine individual and team results (i.e. operational metrics, results against project timelines, training documentation, attendance records, knowledge of operational roles and responsibilities, personal development goals).
• Solicit ongoing feedback from Workcell Manager (WCM), Business Unit Manager (BUM), peers and team member on team member's contribution to the Workcell team. Provide ongoing coaching and counseling to team member based on feedback.
• Express pride in staff and encourage them to feel good about their accomplishments.
• Perform team member evaluations professionally and on time.
• Drive individuals and the team to continuously improve in key operational metrics and the achievement of the organizational goals.
• Coordinate activities of large teams and keep them focused in times of crises.
• Ensure recognition and rewards are managed fairly and consistently in area of responsibility.
• Provide weekly communication forum for the exchange of ideas and information with the department.
• Organize verbal and written ideas clearly and use an appropriate business style.
• Ask questions; encourage input from staff.
• Assess communication style of individual team members and adapt own communication style accordingly.
FUNCTIONAL MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
• Business Strategy and Direction:
• Know and understand the campus strategic directions.
• Define, develop and implement a Materials strategy, which contributes to the campus strategic directions.
• Develop an understanding of the Workcell business strategy as it pertains to Materials.
• Provide regular updates to BUM, WCM, and Operations Manager on the execution of the strategy.
• Identify creative ways to reduce cost by streamlining processes and systems (i.e. modification of responsibilities or consolidation of tasks, elimination of non-value-added processes, or complete re-engineering of processes and systems).
• Utilize tools to monitor departmental cost and cost trends, striving continuously to improve value.
• Provide feedback to peers (BUMs, WCMs, Functional Managers (FMs) on cost and cost trends.
Forecast Development and Accuracy:
• Prepare timely forecasts for the department.
• Compare forward forecast results to historical actual results for trend assessment and analysis.
TECHNICAL MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
• Ensure Operation's execution to Jabil Supply Chain strategies.
• Support the development of Jabil Supply Chain strategies and systems.
• Indoctrinate the importance of having materials supply equal demand.
• Ensure that Materials Planners participate in determining MPS loading to create a realistic commitment that best supports customer needs.
• Maintain a disciplined process to ensure materials availability to support production activities per the Master Production Schedule without creating materials liability for Jabil.
• Disconnects between materials supply and requirements such as shortages, non-conformance, high stocks, and excess/obsolete materials are continuously monitored and eliminated.
• Drive down overall cost of materials including component pricing, freight expenses, administration expenses, materials liability, and high stock.
• Ensure that MPV is optimized.
• Component purchase price should be projected to accurately reflect the inventory value for the financial period in Standard Costing process.
• Ensure that quoted cost to the customer is competitive yet maximizes the amount of favorable Materials Price Variance (MPV).
• Ensure all purchase orders are placed with pricing and terms & conditions that are negotiated and agreed to by Jabil Commodity Managers and Buyers
• Ensure that Operation's supply base contributes to success of the Operation and that suppliers are selected based on overall cost effectiveness and their ability to meet Jabil's requirements.
• Monitor, track, and provide feedback on suppliers' performance on overall cost, delivery, and quality.
• Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
• Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
Bachelor's degree preferred; and five years experience, including two years in supervisory role; or equivalent combination of education and experience. APICS and CPM certifications preferred.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver's license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact the Federal Bureau of Investigations internet crime hotline (www.ic3.gov), the Federal Trade Commission identity theft hotline (www.identitytheft.gov) and/or your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.
The anticipated pay range for this role is $84,778 - $122,735 - $160,806. Job-related, non-discriminatory factors used to determine the actual offered rate include qualifications and experience, geographic location, education, external market data, and consideration of internal equity.
As part of the total rewards package, this position is eligible for a short-term incentive based on performance. In addition, Jabil offers benefits to enhance your health, wealth and resilient self. These include medical, dental, and vision insurance plans; 401(k) retirement plan and employee stock purpose plan; and paid time off.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.