At Terrasmart, our mission is clear: To power our people, our partners, and the world forward. By providing leading solar technology and smart solutions, we're helping our partners deliver a more powerful future for renewable energy.
We have brought together four of the industry's most creative solar problem-solving companies under one roof, we're turning up the dial on what's possible-pushing the boundaries of creativity to simplify projects, make solar more profitable, and transform how we power the world. Our focus is on providing superior solar racking systems and project management capabilities to serve owners and integrators. Terrasmart is an exciting and dynamic place to work, with a wide range of career opportunities.
At Terrasmart, our people really make a difference. If you have talent, knowledge, experience, and want to take on new and meaningful challenges, it's time to consider joining the Terrasmart team!Position Summary
Responsible for developing and deploying supply chain strategies for Terrasmart, Inc. to drive improvements in process efficiency, quality, on-time delivery, and lower costs. The Supply Chain Director will collaborate with functional and corporate leaders and internal stakeholders to drive alignment in supply planning and sourcing priorities and programs. This role will be accountable for strategic sourcing activities in partnership with Corporate Supply Chain as well as Business Unit supply planning, execution, and supply network management. The Supply Chain Director will foster strong partnerships with key stakeholders to design and implement programs that drive optimized supply chain investments, improve supplier network performance, and build organizational strength.Primary Accountabilities
- Operates the Supply Chain organization that establishes a behavior of safety-first culture and facilitates a sourcing and execution plan that aligns with Gibraltar's and Terrasmart's strategic initiatives, business unit and project budgets, and resource quality.
- Advance the business unit sourcing strategy in conjunction with Corporate by analyzing spend across the purchase of material, freight, subcontract labor, and T& E. Develop a plan for location and number of suppliers that aligns with volume and volatility outlook by category of spend. Provide local business unit expertise to support Corporate Sourcing strategies for critical elements, including steel, aluminum, electronics, and freight.
- Develops and implements strategies to balance cash flow, working capital, and product demand requirements to optimize inventory of raw material, WIP, parts and components, and equipment across the supply network. Responsible for achieving fiscal year DSI and DPO plan targets.
- Accountable for delivering operational excellence in the domestic and offshore supplier base, including developing and implementing supplier quality initiatives and continuous improvement projects in conjunction with manufacturing, project management, finance, and corporate to eliminate detractors, reduce waste, and improve service levels. Lead compliance initiatives in support of supplier diversity, domestic content, conflict minerals, and others as needed.
- Align supply and demand through SIOP (Sales, Inventory, Operations, Planning) by establishing a monthly cadence to align expected unconstrained demand, and update supply and management demand constraints accordingly. The alignment will focus on the pareto of the projects and factory-to-field for 360 degree view of customer projects.
- Develop and empower Supply Chain Team members to lead and deploy supply chain activities for new product introductions, Value Analysis/ Value Engineering initiatives, lean/quality initiatives, as well as
- Build organization strength and nurture a high-performance team environment through team unity, professional development, role assessment and re-alignment, and improvements of bench strength in critical functions.
- Develops and is accountable to Supply Chain KPIs, OKRs, and SCM dashboards to drive continuous improvement in supplier quality, on-time delivery, DWC/CCC, and SIOP metrics.
In addition to the accountabilities listed above, individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise to balance workload.Supervisory Responsibilities
Employee(s)/Group /Department Supervised: Supply Chain TeamPOSITION QUALIFICATIONS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary accountability satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Additionally, the physical demands and the work environment typically encountered are listed below. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.Education / Experience
(an equivalent combination of education and experience required to successfully complete the primary accountabilities is indicated below)
Education: BS in Supply Chain Management, Business, Finance, Engineering, or related discipline. Master's degree preferred.
Experience: Minimum of ten (10) years of relevant Supply Chain Management experience in manufacturing, construction, or related commercial/industrial experience, including demonstrated ability to manage SIOP process, execute continuous improvement initiatives, and work in a project-based environment.Competencies / Technical Skills
Core Competencies: Fostering Teamwork; Managing Performance; Building Collaborative Relationships; Customer Orientation; Result Orientation; Personal Credibility
Organizational Competencies: Initiative; Developing Others; Influencing Others; Establishing Focus; Strategic Thinking; Critical Thinking; Technical Problem SolvingLicenses / Certifications
APICS/ISM, C.P.M., preferredPhysical Requirements
(Approximate time spent to be included in physical demands such as walking, or bending, specific lifting requirements (lbs.) and/or other requirements such as vision or hearing.
Able to sit up to 8 hours a day. Able to look at a computer for up 8 hours a day.Work Conditions
Environment: Office Travel: Up to 50%
Special Work Conditions: N/AWhy Terrasmart?
- Outstanding Employee Benefits Package: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, STD/LTD, 401(k) with company match
- Meaningful Work in the Renewable Energy Industry
- Team-oriented culture
- Opportunities for career development and advancement
- Work/Life Balance
Please visit our website to learn more about our organization:
Integrity and excellence are at the heart of everything we do. Our focus is on hiring and developing the best talent available and creating a rewarding, challenging and safe workplace for everyone. We are a team-based organization. We listen carefully to our people and to our clients so we can build an organization that meets their needs and exceeds their expectations. We are committed to our customers and our employees and helping them grow to their fullest potential. Surpassing our competition has made us the industry leader; a position we will strive to enhance.
Terrasmart provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.