This Sr. CI Manager may report to the Director of CI. Can oversee a team of Continuous Improvement Manag ers for multiple sites.This is a remote hybrid position reporting to the corporate CI Organization. The ideal candidate will live in proximity to one of our locations inMichigan City, IN, Seelyville, IN, Wenona, IL or London, KY with the expectation of up to 50% travel based on geographic vicinity to the listed locations.
Job Summary: Sr. CI Manager is responsible for driving sustainable continuous improvements in the facility by delivering breakthrough results in Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost, and Morale. The Sr. CI Manager works closely with plant leadership, Regional CI, and department employees to achieve results. This position requires strong technical Lean Manufacturing and hands-on leadership skills.
Duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
• Leads, facilitates, and coaches full week Kaizen events to drive sustainable improvements
• Coach Point Kaizen facilitators
• Successfully leads expansive, high impact projects within site and/or multi-site using rigorous project management tools
• Works closely with Plant CI team and CI Champions to:
o Develop and execute improvement action plans
oExecutes and improves SOC / Center lining, wash down, and other various heatmaps to drive improvement within the facility
oBuild an employee engaged work environment
oProvide, teach, and coach CI tools to CI and Non-CI employees
• In addition to coaching CI team to achieving plant objectives, coach on personal growth opportunities
• Ability to perform choke point analysis, identify the constraint, and implement practical and effective solutions to improving throughput
• Establishes and drives productivity pipeline roadmaps across departments and facility
• Tracks and analyzes the CI initiatives
• Working knowledge of P&L/financial acumen to course correct CI plans based on weekly financial and P&L results as needed, identify cost savings, and to track effectiveness of lean activities
• Understands and drives the use of SAP tools to understand the needs of the plant
• Responsible for implementing and coaching HPS tools so that they effectively drive and sustain areas of improvement in all areas of plants
• Facilitate and coach RCA and CAPA
• Work with customers, suppliers and all levels of management staff
• Challenges the status quo to find ways to optimize manufacturing performance to deliver superior results
• Build cultural Lean change throughout the plant
oLeverage resources and share best practices across multiple plants
• Responsible for successfully managing multiple projects at the same time
• Ensure the facility implements and maintains Continuous Improvement initiatives
• If having multi-site responsibility, travel of 50% is required
Required Competencies & Knowledge:
• Knowledge and experience with SAP
• A strong application knowledge of LEAN Manufacturing techniques and related CI tools are required: Root Cause Analysis, Kaizen, Value Stream Mapping, OEE, First Hour Full Power, Labor Analysis, 5S, 8Wastes, Changeovers, Six Sigma, etc
• The Sr. CI Manager should possess extensive technical skills and hands-on experience in continuous improvement manufacturing activities
• Bias for action, change agent, challenging the status quo to drive to operations excellence
• Strong will to drive change and influence without authority
• Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to work with autonomy.
• Must be accurate, detail-oriented and maintain the utmost confidentiality.
• Ability to effectively present information to employees, top management, public groups and/or board of directors.
• Ability to define problems, collect and calculate data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram and/or schedule form.
• Ability to work well with others in stressful situations and meet deadlines as necessary.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, while at the same time making sound decisions.
• Must have a strong will to drive change and sustain.
Proficiency in : MS Office Suite, Excel, and PP
• Maintain harmonious working relations with employees from all departments.
• Maintain harmonious working relations with management from all levels.
• Communicate effectively with all employees and management.
• Ability to use and reach throughout the day; hands, fingers, arms, stand, walk, climb and/or balance approximately.
• Ability to see, hear and talk.
• Ability to work in light to moderate noise levels.
• Ability to work across multiple shifts
• Bachelor's Degree required, preferably in Engineering, Business or Operations
• Bakeries a strong plus
• 5 (five) - 8 (eight) years' experience in the Continuous Improvement required
• 2 (two) - 3 (three) years' in a manufacturing environment, strongly preferred Other details
- Job Family Manager
- Pay Type Salary