Inventory AnalystLocation: Marysville, Ohio Grade: NE5What Makes a Honda, is Who makes a Honda?
Honda has a clear vision for the future, and it's a joyful one. We are looking for individuals with the skills, courage, persistence, and dreams that will help us reach our future-focused goals.
At our core is innovation. Honda is constantly innovating and developing solutions to drive our business with record success. We strive to be a company which serves as a source of "power" that supports people around the world who are trying to do things based on their own initiative and that helps people expand their own potential. To this end, Honda strives to realize "the joy and freedom of mobility" by developing new technologies and an innovative approach to achieve a "zero environmental footprint."
We are looking for qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds, experiences, continuous improvement values, and a strong work ethic to join our team.
If your goals and values align with Honda's, we want you to join our team to Bring the Future!About this Position:
- Ensure timely and accurate inventory receipt (EDI and manual add)
- Ensure appropriate inventory value is reflected on a tag-by-tag basis through inventory transformation & accrual management.
- Ensure accurate financial reporting / document preparation for monthly fiscal check. (Department closing with accounting dept)
- Ensure appropriate payment within terms for all suppliers. (A/P Suspend List)
- Preparation of accurate & timely monthly business reports
Required Work Experience:
- Process suspended invoices and work the vendor statement to resolve payment or pricing issues
- Maintain and resolve GR/IR open balances.
- Ensure timely completion & processing of Add/Deducts or processor claims as necessary. Assist with '01 (claim) and '02 (TFP), invoices for monthly dept. closings. Provide clear & logical backup detail. (ie: claim forms, add/deducts, etc.)
- Assist sales teams with timely & accurate inventory receipts & inventory transformations. Utilize support structure to focus on customer/supplier issues efficiently; support of projects and presentations; understand steel business including material claims, processing, and cost structures.
- Support sales teams with timely receipts of inventory. Complete daily transformations in order to meet sales teams' invoicing requirements. Attach proper default and "special" costs to material as needed.
- Collect, summarize and present data to support supplier management objectives of continuous improvement. Support training and development of associates regarding area of expertise. Monthly management of closing activities. Monthly generation of Department Business Reports.
- Analyze daily work activities to determine if greater efficiencies can be achieved. Develop and present analysis in a meeting format; assist in creating documentation to support new procedures.
- Keep monthly closing reports, daily reports (cuts & coil receipt) filed and archived according to department procedures; keep desk neatly organized to allow for efficient workspace.
- EXPERIENCE WITH FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
- CUSTOMER SERVICE-RELATED EXPERIENCE
- SAP EXPERIENCE PREFERRED
- BACHELOR'S DEGREE OR EQUIVALENT WORK EXPERIENCE.
- UNDERSTAND EDI AND MANUAL INVENTORY RECEIPT PROCESS, TO INCLUDE HOW TO RESOLVE ANY EXCEPTIONS OR ACCURACY / TIMELY CONCERNS
- GOOD PRESENTATION SKILLS TO INCLUDE TQM AND PDCA PROCESS
- UNDERSTANDING OF GENERAL ACCOUNTING PRINCIPLES
- Analytical skills
At Honda, you will play a key role in our journey to become a company that society wants to exist now, and in the future. Your endless curiosity will drive innovation and your courageous spirit will challenge the status quo. We believe having a workforce made up of diverse thinkers and innovators makes us a better Honda. Respect for each other and respect for diversity each and every day drives our associates to contribute at the highest level and work effectively in a team environment. We make the dream of mobility a reality with our innovative and high-quality products. Together, we Bring the Future to our customers, associates, and communities. We are Honda!What differentiates Honda and make us an employer of choice?Total Rewards:
- Competitive Base Salary
- Annual Bonus
- Overtime Pay
- Industry leading Benefit Plans (Medical, Dental, Vision, Rx)
- Paid time off, including vacation, paid holidays, sick time, personal days
- 401K Plan with company match + additional contribution
- Relocation assistance (if eligible)
- Advancement opportunities
- Career mobility
- Education reimbursement for continued learning
- Training and Development programs
- Wellbeing program
- Community service and engagement programs
- Product programs
- Free drinks onsite
Honda is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factor.