Nov 24, 2022
Transportation is a pillar for any supply chain, and at DHL Supply Chain you are a part of everyday life; because a storm or the breakdown of a truck shouldn't stop our customer's products from getting to the consumer when they need them the most. Working in transportation, you will be a part of our business. All members of our transportation teams ensure that the supply chain doesn't break. They work tirelessly with internal and external parties to guarantee the best solution for the customer. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment, and you are looking for a good challenge to grow your career in transportation; DHL has the opportunity for you.
Responsible for supporting development of business processes and logistics operations in a 3PL or lead logistics provider (LLP) business model through:participation and contribution in analysis of operations, transportation, and warehouse functions; analyzing business trends and data for improvement and opportunities; and validating and implementing continuous improvement and cost reduction.
Areas of focus:operations analysis and continuous improvement, transportation and warehousing, performance reporting and tracking.
• Facilitates ongoing development of the 3PL or lead logistics provider solution through participation in developing and implementing continuous improvement
• Supports team through meeting tasks and deliverables assigned from a project
• Assesses business processes and data for improvement opportunities and communicates those to management team
• Reviews business KPIs for trends or gaps, and determines casuals
• Works through the defined business processes in delivering value opportunities to customer
• Learns and applies quality methodologies in performing analysis
• Prepares executive summary analysis for presentation to management team and contributes as required in customer presentations
• Supports development of project management tasks, resource identification, and implementation planning
• Exercises vertical and horizontal communication for progress on deliverables
• Coordinates formal and informal reviews and presentations of opportunities with management team
• Maintains reporting to support monitoring of business performance and communications required to management team
Required Education and Experience
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience, required
• 0-3 years of logistics industry experience
Our Organization has a business casual environment and focuses on teamwork, associate development, training, and continuous improvement. We offer competitive wages, excellent affordable insurance benefits (including health, dental, vision and life), 401K plan, paid vacation and holidays.
Our Organization is an equal opportunity employer.
Location can vary and include Detroit MI, Mechanicburg PA, Columbus OH, Plantation FL