Leads global sourcing strategies and initiatives for assigned direct or indirect materials, services and CapEx items. Primary categories are Freight and Purchased Services including Freight Auditing and Brokerage. Ensures that the global strategies are executed at regional sites. Accountable for cost and usage reductions.
This position reports directly to the Global Sourcing Director, Debbie Freshour. She has an impressive background with deep manufacturing, supply chain and continuous improvement experience.
While the company headquarters are in Warsaw, IN, this position will be remote.
KEY PERFORMANCE OBJECTIVES
- Implements global commodity and supplier strategies to achieve challenging year-over-year cost reduction results through supplier collaboration and competition.
- Works closely with all functions, particularly with Operations, Supply Chain, Commercial and other key internal customers.
- Creates project plans, implementation strategies, and executes plans. Performs sophisticated analyses of market dynamics.
- Internal/External customer focus to address complex issues. Helps to devise and implement improvement strategies to processes, procedures and project flow in Sourcing.
- Investigates and analyzes supplier’s financial condition, technical competence, facilities, and production techniques to ensure adequate supplier capacity and capability.
- Develops contingency plans for assigned commodities and/or strategic suppliers.
- Implements ongoing negotiation strategies and managing against short- and long-term market forces which affects the department
SUPPLIER RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT:
- Establishes and manages the governance processes with suppliers and outsourced partners for categories in scope.
- Develops qualified, competitive sources of supply on a continuing basis through comprehensive financial and market review
- Implements strategies to best manage the supplier base for categories in scope, reviewing suppliers against contracted obligations/service levels and business expectations
- Provide feedback on performance, seek continuous improvement and innovation
- Work with suppliers and key stakeholders to manage supplier performance and develop new capabilities
- Build and maintain strong relationships with stakeholders and third-party providers
- When performance issues emerge, identify root causes and work with internal and external stakeholders to drive efficient resolution
Experience and Education
- Bachelor’s Degree in business administration required, MBA preferred.
- 7-10 years of sourcing experience required.
- Significant knowledge and experience in world-class sourcing practices and techniques.
- Proven success with large scale Freight Negotiations.
- Advanced knowledge of accounting principles and budgeting practices.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and communication skills are required.
- Project management and teaming skills.
- Change agent.
- Travel up to 20%.