Spreetail is an ecommerce company that connects brands with customers wherever they love to shop online. We delight our customers every day by putting our technology, marketing, and supply chain to work for them behind the scenes. Born and raised in Lincoln, Nebraska, Spreetail has grown into offices and fulfillment centers in 8 cities across 6 states.
The Supply Chain department consists of Operations, Transportation, Inventory, Fulfillment and Reverse Logistics. Supply Chain is focused on providing the best experience regardless of where goods are manufactured or shipped from. The goal is to delight our customer’s needs by providing next day delivery across the country.
As a Sr. Data Scientist, you will:
- Report directly to the Head of Supply Planning in our office in Lincoln or Omaha, Nebraska.
- Translate demand forecasting into questions that can be answered with available data using statistical and machine learning methods, working with engineers to produce the required data when it is not available.
- Provide feedback to our Software Engineer teams on the applicability of technical solutions.
- Present data in a format that is immediately useful to answer questions about the inputs and outputs of demand forecasting systems and improving their performance.
- Educate internal customers with levels of technical knowledge about our systems, sharing recommendations.
- Improve existing demand forecasting statistical or machine learning methodologies by developing new data sources, testing model enhancements, running computational experiments, and fine-tuning model parameters for new forecasting models.
- Provide requirements to develop capabilities, platforms, pipelines, and metrics, using them to analyze trends and find causes of forecast inaccuracy.
- Formalize assumptions about how demand forecasts are expected to behave, creating definitions of outliers, developing methods to systematically identify these outliers, and explain why they are reasonable or identify fixes for them.
- Use code (Python, R, etc.) for analyzing data and building statistical and machine learning models and algorithms.
Who you are:
- You have a Bachelor’s or Masters degree in Analytics, Supply Chain, Data Science, Economics, Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Physics, Operations Research, or a related discipline.
- You have experience in statistical software programming.
- You have applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, and regression.
- You are business-centric and data-oriented, and have developed data models to support advanced/predictive analytics.
- You have scoped and framed problems to propose solutions.
- Unit Appreciation Rights: Up to 5% of yearly salary; based on company and team
- Company Bonus: Up to 5% of yearly salary; based on company and team performance
- Health Insurance: Spreetail will pay for your full premium and half for spouse/family
- Dental Insurance: Spreetail will pay half of the dental coverage for you/spouse/family
- 401k: Spreetail partners with ForUsAll to provide the opportunity to invest in your future with pre-tax and post-tax plan options
- Paid Time Off: untracked time off
- Wedding Week: Enjoy an additional 5 paid days off before or after your wedding
- Gym Membership: Spreetail will pay for half of your membership to a specified gym
- Creating a Home: After 2 years of employment, Spreetail will give you $5,000 when you
buy a home
- Year 3 Vacation: After 3 years of employment, you will be eligible for an all-inclusive
- Year 5 Sabbatical: After 5 years of employment, you will be eligible for a 2-week paid
- Donation Matching: Spreetail will match your donation dollar for dollar, up to $250 a
year and up to $1,000 if you've been here for 5 years
- Community Involvement: Spreetail encourages employees to take time off for volunteer
opportunities throughout the year, including a semi-annual volunteer week in every
community we serve
- Product Discount: Enjoy a 20% discount on the products we sell
Equal Opportunity Employer
Spreetail is an equal opportunity employer that hires based on stellar qualifications, positive attitude, and exemplary work ethic rather than factors like age, gender identity, race, nationality, religion, or sexuality.