Spreetail is an ecommerce company that connects brands with customers wherever they love to shop online. We delight our customers every day by putting our technology, marketing, and supply chain to work for them behind the scenes. Born and raised in Lincoln, Nebraska, Spreetail has grown into offices and fulfillment centers in 8 cities across 6 states.
The Supply Chain department consists of Operations, Transportation, Inventory, Fulfillment and Reverse Logistics. Supply Chain is focused on providing the best experience regardless of where goods are manufactured or shipped from. The goal is to delight our customer’s needs by providing next day delivery across the country.
The Spreetail Supply Chain team is looking for a Sr. Director of Demand to develop a comprehensive Sales, Inventory, and Operations Planning (SIOP) process which can be used across our organization. The Supply Chain Team manages a large portfolio of internal and contract manufactured product and supports several projects that cross teams and operations groups within Spreetail.
You will work with our leadership team and partners to develop performance metrics, promote best practices, and lead process and tool improvements that align with the strategic priorities of the team. You will be an essential component of our organization and create our demand plan that determines how and where we place inventory to achieve our customer experience goals, manage our inventory capital, and improve our overall supply chain.
As Sr. Director of Demand Planning, you will:
- Report directly to the Head of Supply Chain, leading a team of eight from our office in Lincoln, Nebraska.
- Lead an integrated monthly SOP process between the Inventory Planning team and important partners to help translate demand from multiple operational groups within Spreetail into an manageable SIOP plan.
- Work with teams to understand demand forecast drivers, including the implementation of new processes, models, and technology. Assemble and analyze all data relevant to creating the demand plan.
- Provide input to develop demand planning strategies on existing products, new products, and product phase-outs.
- Analyze the impacts of changes to the demand plan with Supply Chain team partners, including Logistics, Vendor Management, and Purchasing.
- Support monthly inventory forecasting and reporting.
- Report performance metrics, ensuring master data is accurate and maintained on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis.
- Evolve and maintain standard operating procedures for demand planning systems, providing recommendations for operational improvements.
Who you are:
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Retail Planning, or Information Systems Management.
- 8+ years of experience in Supply Chain, Planning, or Inventory Management or equivalent experience such as Consulting, Finance, or Operations.
- You have demonstrated the ability to dive in and quickly understand issues and identify scalable solutions.
- You have advanced Excel skills (can maintain complex spreadsheets) and are familiar with the principles of statistical inventory control.
- You have experience in high growth and high sku demand planning within a company.
- You have modeled and lead technical teams in a data science space.
- Unit Appreciation Rights: Up to 5% of yearly salary; based on company and team
- Company Bonus: Up to 5% of yearly salary; based on company and team performance
- Health Insurance: Spreetail will pay for your full premium and half for spouse/family
- Dental Insurance: Spreetail will pay half of the dental coverage for you/spouse/family
- 401k: Spreetail partners with ForUsAll to provide the opportunity to invest in your future with pre-tax and post-tax plan options
- Paid Time Off: untracked time off
- Wedding Week: Enjoy an additional 5 paid days off before or after your wedding
- Gym Membership: Spreetail will pay for half of your membership to a specified gym
- Creating a Home: After 2 years of employment, Spreetail will give you $5,000 when you
buy a home
- Year 3 Vacation: After 3 years of employment, you will be eligible for an all-inclusive
- Year 5 Sabbatical: After 5 years of employment, you will be eligible for a 2-week paid
- Donation Matching: Spreetail will match your donation dollar for dollar, up to $250 a
year and up to $1,000 if you've been here for 5 years
- Community Involvement: Spreetail encourages employees to take time off for volunteer
opportunities throughout the year, including a semi-annual volunteer week in every
community we serve
- Product Discount: Enjoy a 20% discount on the products we sell
Equal Opportunity Employer
Spreetail is an equal opportunity employer that hires based on stellar qualifications, positive attitude, and exemplary work ethic rather than factors like age, gender identity, race, nationality, religion, or sexuality.