CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U.S. & from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in the community.Responsibilities
Responsible for providing leadership, oversight, and coordination of all supply distribution Functions for assigned location(s). Manages appropriate inventory levels, supply expense, distribution, shipping, receiving, stocking of all medical supplies to assigned areas, and providing stewardship in standardization and contract compliance. Manages daily operations of all functions, and serves as the liaison between CHI National Supply Chain Team, CHI St. Luke's Health Supply Chain Team, Administration, Physicians, National Procurement Support Service Center, and employees for assigned location(s). Coordinates compilation and preparation of reports and analyses setting forth progress, adverse trends, and appropriate recommendations and conclusions. Integrates the department's services with the hospitals' primary Functions, develops/Implements policies and procedures that guide or support services, assesses and improves department performances, and continues education of department staff. Coordinates activities between department/programs to increase efficiency and provide higher levels of service. Displays professional, safe conduct in all interactions. Maintains positive working relationships with staff, other departments, physicians and peers. Displays conduct in support of CHI St. Luke's Health Memorial Mission & Vision.
- Quality - completes work with accuracy and thoroughness.
- Productivity - efficiently utilizes time in accomplishing work.
- Customer Focus - lives organizational and departmental service standards.
- Reliability - completes tasks assigned; follows up as needed.
- Availability - meets attendance standards; is punctual; works when needed.
- Decision Making - displays sound judgement; works with minimal supervision.
- Initiative - seeks out productive duties in absence of guidance; is a self-starter.
- Adheres to Policy - follows CHI St. Luke's Health Memorial rules, policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Interpersonal Relationships - cooperates, communicates and works well with others.
- Professionalism - represents CHI St. Luke's Health Memorial positively in actions and appearance.
- Ensures patient-centered care in accordance with CHI St. Luke's Health Memorial policies and standards.
- Assists departments with sourcing of product, status of requisitions, shopping list templates.
- Monitors reports to identify and resolves impacting procurement services in a timely manner.
- Provides oversight, guidance, and support of all supply distribution functions.
- Manages inventory levels to assure supplies are readily available for patient care.
- Establishes structures, processes, and procedures that are consistent for the distribution of supplies and services.
- Works collaboratively with all levels as necessary to coordinate contract implementation and product conversions.
- Develops and adheres to departmental staffing and expense budgets.
- Participates on best practice teams and other teams to establish effective change.
- Oversees and monitors reports/metrics for alignment with CHI National Procurement Support Services metrics.
- Implements policies and procedures that ensure a consistent approach for monitoring performance.
- Works directly with contracting team, value analysis, project leads, senior leaders, and department leads to assure projects are supported and implemented.
- Provides local support that is aligned with CHI St. Luke's Health Supply Chain and CHI National Supply Chain initiatives.
- Follows established channels of communication in handling routine and non-routine problems, and recognizing issues that need referral to management.
- Exhibits a consistent commitment to continuous improvement, customer service and expense management.
- Keeps abreast of current trends/changes related to technology within healthcare.
- Represents CHI St. Luke's Health Memorial in physician, community relations and vendors in a professional/accountable manner.
- Complies with all CHI St. Luke's Health Memorial policies and procedures.
- Attends required in-services, education, and training and ensures same of staff.
- Maintains attendance standards, is punctual; manages personal affairs to avoid conflicts with work schedule; provides proper notice of absences.
- Maintains safe work habits; follows safety rules; immediately reports any injury.
- Communicates with others professionally and diplomatically; maintains cooperative efforts with all staff.
- Establishes/maintains effective and respectful communication in all collaborative relationships.
- Supports department-based goals and contributes to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Performs duties in accordance with that of hospital policies and procedures, and regulatory agency guidelines.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED) in conjunction with required experience
- Bachelor's Degree - Business Administration or an equivalent discipline
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Minimum of seven (7) years discipline specific experience
- Minimum of five (5) years leadership experience
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- Able to influence and motivate others in order to achieve targets within the determined time period, even when they have no line of authority over them.
- Able to effectively communicate relevant program information to superiors.
- Able to deliver engaging, information, and well-organized presentations.
- Able to resolve and/or escalate issues in a timely fashion.
- Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
- Able to prepare quick pointed summaries for executives and stakeholders.
- Good negotiation skills.
- Able to deal with conflict and difficult people.
- Able to articulate current state to all levels of management including Senior Leaders.
- Able to complete complex analysis and manipulate into clear and useful information.
- Able to summarize analysis in reports with minimal supervision.
- Able to stay on task and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Project, Access and Outlook with expert level knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint.
- Able to manipulate large files in Excel and use functionality such as sorting, pivot tables.
- Knowledge of automated ERP systems and processes.
- Able to process and present data clearly.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successful perform the essential functions of the job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling and stooping all day. The employee must frequently lift or move items weight over 20 pounds.