To ensure the maintenance of a safe, clean healthy physical environment for patients, staff and guests of the organization.KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Schedules work based upon established priorities, budgetary constraints and agreed-upon plan of preventative maintenance.
- Ensures that orders for parts, equipment, selected services and supplies are carried out in a timely and efficient manner.
- Manages plant operation staff according to existing policies, procedures, budgetary constraints and safe practices.
- Establishes and maintains a quality assurance program whereby appropriate evaluation of products and service is easily discernable.
- Oversees the inspection of areas within facility to ensure that standards of cleanliness and safety are being maintained according to established policy and regulatory requirements.
- Selects, trains, and schedules the activities of staff performing a variety of housekeeping activities.
- Initiates the requisition and issuance of housekeeping supplies; coordinates maintenance repairs.
- Serves as the department fiscal manager.
- Carries out personnel management activities associated with direct staff supervision, including screening and selection, orientation training and development, performance management, and employee relations functions.
- Performs related duties as requested.
Upholds the Organization's ethics and customer service standards.RequirementsKnowledge and Experience:
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS:
- High School or equivalent required, plus technical training and experience.
- Required license - Driver's License.
- Current CPR certification recommended.
- Heavy Work: Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- The work is subject to inside environmental conditions; protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperate changes.
- The work is subject to outside environmental conditions: No effective protection from weather.
- The work is subject to:
- Both environmental conditions: Activities occur inside and outside.
- Extreme cold: Temperatures below 32 degrees for period of more than one hour.
- Extreme heat: Temperature above 100 degrees for periods of more than one hour.
- Noise: There is sufficient noise to cause the worker to shout in order to be heard above the ambient noise level.
- Vibration: Exposure to oscillating movements of extremities or whole body.
- Hazards: Includes a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals.
- Atmospheric conditions: One or more of the following conditions that affect the respiratory system or the skin: Fumes, odors, dusts, mists, gases or poor ventilation.
Skills and Abilities:
- Oils: There is air and/or skin exposure to oils and other cutting fluids.
- Maintains confidentiality of patients at all times.
- Sensitivity to, and willingness to interact with, persons of various social, cultural, economic and educational backgrounds.
- Proficiency with software and/or equipment (Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Strong organizational skills with ability to prioritize projects, work relatively independently, manage multiple tasks, and meet deadlines.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Good judgment, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to working collaboratively as well as possessing the skills to lead, influence, and motivate others.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, expanding organization.
While performing the duties of this job, this position is frequently required to do the following:
- Use standard office equipment and access, input, and retrieve information from a computer. Use computer keyboard with manual and finger dexterity and wrist-finger speed sufficient to perform repetitive actions efficiently for extended periods of time.
- Communicate effectively in person or via telephone in a manner which can be understood by those with whom the person is speaking, including a diverse population.
- Give and follow verbal and written instructions with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Perform complex mental functions and basic arithmetic functions; interpret complex laws, regulations, and policies; collect, interpret, and/or analyze complex data and information.
- Vision: see details of objects at close range.
- Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Reach forward, up, down, and to the side.
- Sit or stand for minimum periods of one hour at a time and come and go from the work area repeatedly throughout the day.
- Lift up to fifty (50) pounds.
401K Retirement Plan
Healthcare Spending Account
Dependent Care Spending Account
Discounted Cafeteria Meal Plan
Life Insurance (Supplemental Life, Term and Universal plans are also available.)
Short and Long-Term Disability (with additional buy-in opportunities)