Job DescriptionJob Summary:
Responsible for the day-to-day performance of all departments in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations governing this facility, and as may be directed by the Plant Manager to assure that the plant is run in a safe, efficient, and proper manner.Essential Job Duties:
RequirementsEducation & Experience:
- Oversee all depts. pertaining to production, sales, administrative, and distribution and make recommendations as needed
- Involved in managing human resources for all depts. by hiring, terminating, and reassigning as required in addition to scheduling for coverage
- Interact with customers for better service needs and implement changes approved by the Plant Manager accordingly.
- Help to formulate procedural changes to ensure correct handling of products and services.
- Oversee quality control and recommend and implement changes as necessary.
- Participate and/or facilitate monthly plant safety meetings.
- Administer disciplinary action as necessary.
- Help maintain communication within plant, Region, and company networks.
- Acting Plant Manager in absence of Plant Manager.
- Other duties as required.
High School graduate or G.E.D. equivalent required. Minimum of 5 years experience in the Transportation Industry preferred.Knowledge/Skills/Abilities:
Essential Physical Demands/Work Environment:
- Demonstrate interest and knowledge of autos/trucks
- Maintain organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks
- Possess ability to manage numerous employees to meet budgeted objectives for specific location
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with decision-making and negotiating skills
- Implement effective oral and written communication skills.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, and use hands to handle objects and tools; reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move light to moderate weight. The employee is occasionally required to operate equipment like forklifts. Sporadic to frequent travel, including flying to other plants in U.S., possibly
overseas, and driving a company or rental automobile four (4) to six (6) hours as needed.Benefits:
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- 401k with Generous Company Match
- Company Paid Life Insurance and Long Term Disability
- Short Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts