Your safety is our top priority. We regularly consult with medical professionals on best practices in COVID-19 prevention to protect our employees. We train our employees on these best practices and regularly clean our sites in accordance with CDC guidelines. Please note: All individuals entering our facilities are required to complete a self-health check, wear a mask and follow all posted guidelines.
Global Procurement is responsible for creating and managing diverse strategic supplier partnerships that drive enterprise value with innovation, best cost and competitive advantages that benefit customers, suppliers, and patients. The Manager, Strategic Sourcing Global Products develops and executes strategic plans by clearly understanding the spend and stakeholder landscape, leveraging market intelligence, industry knowledge and cross-functional collaboration. Competitive advantage is created through end-to-end category management bringing the best available value through assurance of supply, quality, service levels, innovation, and cost, achieved through supplier selection and management, contract negotiation, supply chain optimization and risk mitigation. The core competences for this impactful role are:
- Develops deep industry insights leveraging outside-in supply market intelligence and industry insights
- Strategic thinking to develop longer-range supply strategies and plans that drive significant value while meeting the business requirements
- Deep stakeholder engagement to influence business decisions relevant to the category strategy
- Strong cross-functional leadership skills to drive continuous progress against the strategic category plans
- Sets aggressive continuous improvement goals for assigned categories and explores a broad set of value levers to deliver on targets
- Functions as Subject Matter Expert for assigned categories
- Manage a portfolio of Soft Products categories including Infection Control Apparel, Masks, and other products utilized in support of the medical business, which includes finished goods commercialized under a vendor brand or the Cardinal Health brand and/or as components for downstream manufacturing and kitting.
- Development and execution of global Medical supply strategies to achieve best total value, sustainable productivity and high levels of quality and service aligned with business objectives.
- Proactive leadership and management with cross-functional partners to effectively select suppliers, negotiate favorable contracts and manage supplier performance and relationships.
- Understand the Medical supplier portfolio risk profile and develop mitigation actions and plans.
- Develops effective short- and long-term category strategies to include supply chain continuity, risk management, optimizing supplier network and attaining best cost.
- Collaborate with and influence business partners in a highly matrixed environment to optimize key supplier performance and innovation. Influence business decisions to enter/exit product lines, drive make/buy decisions and implement supply in optimizations.
- Facilitates Supplier Relationship Management through development and tracking of Key Performance Indicators for the category; establishes collaborative environment with key suppliers and business partners to optimize supplier performance and innovation.
- Perform data analysis and utilize financial acumen to identify opportunities to leverage scale and drive cost savings.
- Drives annual cost savings through effective strategies and negotiations. Cost savings should meet each year's business financial needs.
- Global expertise in category including technical product knowledge, cost drivers, related industry dynamics and market trends.
What is expected of you and others at this level?
- BA, BS, or equivalent experience in related field
- 7-10 years relevant engineering, manufacturing and/or procurement experience
- Medical products experience, specifically PPE experience a plus
- Strong project and process management to execute category supply strategy with cross functional teams.
- Expertise with contract requirements to negotiate critical terms and conditions in line with category strategy.
- Familiarity with manufacturing, quality and supply chain processes to support supplier selection and performance management.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills; able to communicate effectively and interact with personnel at various levels of expertise on a global landscape
- Applies advanced knowledge and an understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to manage a wide variety of projects
- Participates in the development of policies and procedures to achieve specific goals
- Recommends new practices, processes, metrics, or model
- Works on or may lead complex projects of large scope
- Projects may have significant and long-term impact
- Provides solutions that may set precedent
- Independently determines method for completion of new projects
- Received guidance on overall project objectives
- Acts as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.