Reporting into the Chief Operating Officer the VP of International Sourcing is responsible for leading the creation and management of diverse strategic supplier partnerships that drive enterprise value with innovation, best cost, and competitive advantages to support the current and future growth requirements for the American Freight business. The Vice President will clearly understand the spend and demand landscape, leverage market intelligence & industry knowledge and influence senior cross-functional stakeholders to drive collaboration and accelerate execution, resulting in the best available value across supply assurance, quality, service levels, scheduling and Logistics.Global Planning:
responsible for the Global Planning function to ensure timely product delivery across all global manufacturing and logistics requirements.
Global Sourcing and Logistics
- Lead the development, implementation and execution of global supply planning and scheduling strategies to ensure alignment of customer demand, inbound logistics profile and production capacity.
- Develop and implement integrated supply chain processes that effectively support American Freight's growing and dynamic business models.
: responsible for Global Sourcing function including finished goods supply base in addition to second and third tier supply network that supports other finished goods distribution. Ensure adequate Global Logistics capability and capacity in support of inbound flow requirements.
- Establish and lead best-in-class sourcing and supplier development programs to ensure the meeting of prescribed quality standards at optimal pricing with on-time delivery. This includes programs for supplier assessment, selection, qualification (manufacturing capability, quality system, management and financial stability, cost competitiveness and responsiveness), collaboration, and development.
- Procure and Manage Supply Chain resources in support of; Vendor Management, Quality Assurance, contract management, customs and quota management (both origin and destination); and shipment requirements working with the Transportation team.
- Provide leadership in developing and executing ongoing total supply chain productivity programs to deliver annual cost reductions across the inbound pipeline - i.e., Loaded Landed Cost metrics
:functional leadership of the Product Operations process which is responsible for working directly with manufacturing and finished goods suppliers to effectively manage capacity planning and timely delivery of both the existing product portfolio, store openings and new product launches while maintaining required quality, compliance, product flow and schedule adherence.
- Establish and maintain processes to connect the Planning, and Merchandising teams to seamlessly manage the on-time delivery of the demand forecast for existing and new products.
- Implement robust sourcing strategies and contingencies: analyze category details to proactively identify supply base issues to reduce cost, minimize risk and protect continuity of supply.
- Manage vendor adherence to company sourcing standards and compliance for all factory and product international requirements - testing, monitoring, and reporting.
- Manage day to day procurement activities, including forecasts, inventory management, logistics capacity and scheduling, and Purchase Order management as required.
- Initiate necessary correspondence or personal contact to expedite purchased goods, revise purchase orders, effect cancellations, improve terms, resolve disposition of rejected goods and rework costs, adjust invoice discrepancies, and rectify other related problems.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university in operations, supply chain management, science, engineering related discipline, analytics, or finance.
- 10+ years of domestic/international supply chain management or operations experience in a retail warehouse industry and/or experience including logistics
- 5+ years of Furniture global sourcing experience. Extensive Furniture factory manufacturing process experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Executive level negotiation, supplier management and category management experience
- 5+ years' experience leading a team and influencing across functions.
- Travel to partners both domestic and internationally for product operations (approximately 25%)
- Advanced degree in Operations, or Supply Chain Management
- Strong global leadership and influencing skills with the ability to build effective relationships with stakeholders and peers that inspire trust, collaboration, and operational excellence (5+ years)
- Strong business and analytical acumen and experience influencing senior leaders based on deep supply market knowledge.
- Strong project management skills with ability to plan tasks, assign and manage resources, remove barriers, manage change, resolve conflict, build consensus, and motivate team members across multiple projects concurrently.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to tailor messages to the given audience and influence outcomes. Can present information in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to prioritize, organize and multitask in a flexible, fast-paced, and challenging environment.