The local buyer is responsible for the execution of Procurement activities related to day to day supplier management relative to quality and service to Sycamore and 3rd party tolling facilities.MAIN ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Analyze, coordinate, and record data to ensure the timely arrival of materials needed to support production and initiatives at the Sycamore location. This includes but is not limited to helping develop and use systems, entering data, maintaining communications with internal and external resources and customers
- Ensure timely receipts of materials needed for production and provide visibility in SAP
- Maintain contact with suppliers to enable release, tracking, and documentation of materials purchased
- Track contracts and supply agreements
- Support other initiatives as assigned (samples, pre-ships, working capital, cost savings, etc.)
- Use SAP MRP system and other information provided to plan requirements and communicate status to all relevant areas
- Input orders, coordinate with suppliers, maintain MRP system and supplier databases
- Maintain files as necessary, evaluate forecast vs. orders, and inform on status to ensure materials are contracted within lead-time requirements
- coordinate, develop spreadsheets, follow up with other departments and suppliers, etc.
COMPETENCIES, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONSCOMPETENCIES
- Inventory management and optimization of working capital
- Timeliness and accuracy of POs to ensure on time and in full delivery.
- Stakeholder satisfaction data and/or survey results.
- Category specific performance.
- Supplier Performance.
- Support the PLM Supplier Qualification Process
- Support of the annual planning process for Sycamore
• Business Acumen
• Problem Solving
• Dealing with Ambiguity
• Time Management
• Action Oriented
• Drives for ResultsQUALIFICATIONS
The person is a self-starter with a proven track record in Strategic Procurement and Category management in blue chip companies. With experience in building mutual relationships with key suppliers, this person will effectively establish business needs, matching innovative solutions to meet those needs. Their experience will have been gained ideally in a fast paced, dynamic industry where the emphasis is on relationships, solution benefit, meeting challenging targets and delivering business needs.EXPERIENCE
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE
- Proven expertise in sourcing food ingredients as a buyer in an MRP driven environment is essential to this role..
- Understanding and ability to successfully develop and manage stakeholder relationships.
- Track record of working successful in cross functional teams to serve business needs, develop a compelling selling proposition, and negotiate to win-win contract closure.
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill.
- A professional procurement qualification through a recognised professional body preferred.
- A degree in a Business or Technical discipline.
Tate & Lyle is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of an inclusive workforce.California Consumer Privacy Act ("CCPA")
- Systems experience within an SAP environment would be advantageous.
- PC literate including MS office suite of standard programs.
- Supplier management
- Knowledge of purchase order process
- Positive outlook.
The Company is committed to complying with the California Consumer Privacy Act ("CCPA") and all data privacy and laws in the jurisdictions in which it recruits and hires employees. We collect the following categories of personal information for the purpose of hiring the best qualified applicants and to comply with applicable employment laws: Name and contact information; Job preference and work availability; Social Security Number and/or other identification information; Education and qualifications; Employment history and experience; Military service; Reference and background check information, including relevant criminal history and credit history; Social media information; Pre-employment test results; Post-offer medical examination information and results, including drug test results; Voluntary self-disclosure information regarding minority, veteran, and disability status; and Information provided by you during the hiring process.Tate & Lyle is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of an inclusive workforce.