Feb 24, 2021
BALL HORTICULTURAL COMPANY
The Inventory Planner plays a key role within our strategic plan for Supply Chain management. Key objectives will be achieving/improving/exceeding targeted customer service levels while managing inventory levels and targets as well as managing supply and demand within the Global supply chain to achieve business unit and corporate objectives.
Main Roles and Responsibilities
• Plan and execute procurement of enhanced materials from our seed production labs (Ball Premier Lab and Venhuizen) based on forecasting and demand, providing a steady workflow and consistent inventory supply for our customers.
• Plan and execute procurement of finished goods from our seed distribution center based on forecasting and demand, providing a steady workflow and consistent inventory supply for our customers.
• Maintain strong working relationships and communications with company owned production labs and distribution center to confirm production/shipping schedules; monitor open production and purchase orders for all orders to ensure on-time deliveries.
• Manage and monitor inventory movements to ensure quality product is available to our customers.
• Proactively report product and material availability issues on a timely basis to Customer Service, Product Management, and Production Planners.
• Provide support to Customer Service, Product Management, Production Planners, Quality Control, and Seed Research as required.
• Analyze and manage MRP, Source list, Material Master/parameters.
• Inventory Management: Ensure the highest customer experience while still maintaining financial guidance goals.
• Product Management: Supporting product managers in new product launch and end of life supply.
• Maintain production and purchase order status information in SAP to ensure accurate availability dates for Customer Service.
• Provide support to Customer Service, Sales team, and Product Management with supply opportunities and disruption avoidance.
• Complete special projects and assignments as requested.
• High-level computer skills to support advanced SAP functions and transactions.
• Knowledge and understanding of Supply Chain concepts and application.
• Demonstrated strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills.
• Proven exceptional interpersonal and communications skills (oral & written).
• Self-starter with ability to work independently under pressure and react quickly to changing priorities.
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel.