Blue Yonder Title:
Sr. Director of Procurement
Other Comparable Titles:
Sr. Director, Supply Chain Management, Sr. Director, Strategic Sourcing
- Leading AI-driven Global Supply Chain Solutions Software Product Company and one of Glassdoor's "Best Places to Work"
- Seeking an accomplished individual with a strong, executive-level presence and demonstrated strategic thought leadership, as well as the ability to be tactical and hands-on, to build a contemporary, best-in class Procurement organization to drive and deliver value and efficiency to Blue Yonder and support's is business needs and performance objectives.
- Core responsibilities to include developing a strategic and tactical approach to Blue Yonder's procurement, material management, and services management processes.
- The Procurement team is currently comprised of 5 global associates across the US, India, and UK and is expected to grow rapidly. The candidate will need strong leadership qualities to mentor junior and mid-level Procurement associates in the department.
Our current technical environment:
- Applications: ServiceNow, Workday, internally developed systems
What You'll Do:
- Develop and communicate a comprehensive Procurement charter, governance mission statement, and departmental business plan.
- Implement, operate, and manage a robust integrated procurement system.
- Enhance organizational value and efficiency through developing and communicating Procurement policies and procedures.
- Be the primary contact for Procurement related questions, trainings, policies, and procedures; and meet regularly with senior and department leadership to enhance, refine and improve departmental policies and procedures.
- Develop a comprehensive process to track procurement metrics and deliver year-over-year increased savings, improved supplier quality/service, and improved cash flow through favorable payment terms.
- Develop, through cross-functional collaboration, a set of standardized master-level supplier agreements, and related transactional documents, and, as appropriate, lead and support certain strategic supplier negotiations.
- Leverage The Blackstone Group's procurement organization, resources, and capacity to further Blue Yonder's procurement strategy, policies, and procedures.
- Train, coach and develop associates to maintain a highly motivated, professional staff of procurement experts.
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Information Technology (IT), or related field.
- Seasoned procurement leader with 7-10 years of procurement experience, ideally in software, hardware, cloud, software-as-a-service, and related IT.
- Outstanding team building and leadership skills and ability to work across functional teams and with individuals at all levels in the company and around the world, with demonstrated ability to mentor and manage a team.
- Experience with sourcing and procurement tools including eSourcing, spend visibility, procure-to-pay system, contract management and supplier quality management.
- Results-oriented, metrics-driven leader with proven experience in purchasing, negotiations, supplier collaboration, development, and compliance.
- Excellent communication (written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal) and analytical skills.
- Able to work in, and maximize the resources of, a fast-paced, ever-changing, growth environment.
- Able to relocate permanently to Scottsdale, Arizona.
If you want to know the heart of a company, take a look at their values. Ours unite us. They are what drive our success - and the success of our customers. Does your heart beat like ours? Find out here: Core Values
Check out Blue Yonder's blog - Supply Chain Nation - the platform for supply chain trends and innovations.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.