Are you a strong Procurement practitioner ready to take on a crucial role in a fast-paced work environment? Do you have prior experience in designing and implementing global sourcing strategies, and successfully driving results as a people manager? Do you want your performance to leave a sustainable impact on the bottom line?
Our client, a leading industrial manufacturer is in the process of building out their team and is seeking a high-potential leader. If you answered yes to any of these questions, then you may be their next Strategic Sourcing Manager, Direct Materials!
KEY PERFORMANCE OBJECTIVES
- Develop and implement global sourcing strategies of assigned direct categories and complete related contract negotiations.
- Participate with research and business to support new product development and launch.
- Contribute significant value to the business by developing strong relationships with clients, internal customers, and vendors.
- Ensure compliance with purchasing policies, ethical practices, and laws/regulations.
- Monitor the market for category leading practices and demand/supply shifts.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Business, Finance, Supply Chain and/or advanced Chemistry degree with commercial experience, required. CPSM or APICS certification, preferred.
- 5+ years’ global sourcing and commercial business experience in manufacturing setting.
- Must possess strong analytical, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Solid team player who can build rapport with stakeholders.
- Excellent tech skills, including Microsoft Office; JDE experience, preferred.