Job DescriptionOVERVIEW OF ROLE
This position provides development and execution of sales, distribution and marketing strategies that support AMCN's efforts to drive incremental revenue and to secure media value through the distribution of AMCN's brands and services with key distributors spanning, MVPDs, vMVPDs, satellite companies, and telcos. This position will be a part of the Affiliate Sales and Business Development team and will work collaboratively with their team(s) to manage existing partnerships, seek new distribution opportunities, and execute other strategic distribution priorities for AMCN. Works fairly independently, receiving a minimum level of detailed supervision and guidance. Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills as well as an ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced changing environment.KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the SVP and Director in the development and implementation of sales distribution strategies for MVPD and vMVPD accounts, including creating sales materials, compiling research insights, maintaining account summaries, preparing for partner negotiations and providing feedback to proposals.
- Represent deal team and develop strong relationship with internal departments including Client Relations, Legal, Finance/Strategy, Marketing and Operations as well as knowing the existing contracts, industry trends and partner specific data.
- Manage, track and measure the results of sales distribution efforts, contractual compliance, and marketing partnerships and assist in the overall tracking of partner reporting, data collection and analysis for key accounts.
- Participate in selected negotiations and, develop and manage strong working relationships with assigned distribution partners and represent the account specific strategy to key stakeholders both internally and externally.
- Represent AMC Networks and reinforce the value of its brands and services at client meetings and industry events to influence clients and help sell through to customers.
- Identify and assess new business opportunities with new accounts and areas within existing accounts to drive incremental revenue streams.
- Monitor, track and communicate industry developments, including:
- Announcements of new deals with industry peers and programmers.
- Product developments and technological innovations among television distribution outlets (e.g., Comcast, DirecTV, , YouTube, Philo, etc.).
- New device innovations (e.g., AppleTV, Roku, Google Chromecast, Samsung, etc.).
- Other relevant industry news.
- College degree required with an emphasis in marketing, business, or economics.
- 4-6 years of experience in the media industry
- Broad knowledge of the media industry, company organization, policies and practices.
- Excellent knowledge, with proven experience, of Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with ability to interact with all levels of management and with clients.
- Well organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to maintain highest degree of confidentiality and diplomacy.
The Company is committed to policy of nondiscrimination in its employment and personnel practices. Applicants are considered for all employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, religion, alienage, citizenship, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, genetic predisposition or carrier status, age, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking or sexual assault, sexual orientation,disability or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.