TSM, an Xator Company, is currently seeking enthusiastic and experienced Training & Logistics Manager to support complex and changing mission requirements associated with support to TSM's Unaccompanied Alien Children (UAC) Youth Care Unit.
With nearly four decades of U.S. Government contract experience, TSM has a proven ability to rapidly address challenging requirements by recruiting, training, and fielding personnel who remain focused on and dedicated to our customers' missions, to include providing support in extremely challenging work environments.POSITION OVERVIEW:Day shift: 0800 - 1700
We have an exciting full-time opportunity for a well-qualified Training & Logistics Manager to support TSM's UAC Youth Care Unit. The UAC Training & Logistics Manager holds responsibility for ensuring contract training, logistics and quality assurance requirements are met on a daily basis in addition to satisfying contract deliverables associated with these specific task areas.
Because of the sensitivity of the UAC population, our staffing approach places significant focus on personnel oversight. Our team is in place to monitor activities and to provide escort services to support UACs, ensuring their stay is as minimally restrictive as possible while in ORR care. To that end, we use UAC Monitors to maintain positive visibility and control of assigned UAC areas during day, mid, and night work shifts. Each shift is led by a Shift Manager, who along with Shift Supervisors and Team Leads manage our Monitors and to ensure 100%, continuous coverage of all monitored areas. In addition, we assign translators to each team to rapidly address and accurately respond to emerging activities.ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Create training schedules in accordance with contract requirements, track and create reports on outcomes of all training and maintain training records for the project.
- Train new hires on company and contract-specific policies and procedures.
- Inform employees on scheduled refresher training and ensure full compliance.
- Negotiate with suppliers regarding price, lead time, ordering quantities, shipping terms, and delivery expectations to achieve ongoing cost containment and improvement
- Working with client logistics and other program personnel, maintain an accurate property inventory and reconcile discrepancies
- Must be able to work independently in an extremely fast paced environment.
- Request quotes from vendors based on technical requirements
- Prepares and issues purchase order using CostPoint, according to requirements. Track material requisitions and consumable orders through material tracking log. Investigate and resolve issues affecting timely ordering of requirements
- Assist with purchasing of materials and services within area of assignment to include: ordering of materials through a variety of internal and external sources; validating customer requirements against regulations and cost estimates.
- Establish and maintain quality measurements to track improvement in services
- Develop and adhere to quality assurance standards and company processes
- Ensure that services meet the established standards set by the company and contract requirements.
- Maintain strong overall quality control of deliverables made by the company adhering to reliability, performance and customer expectation.
- Conduct regular reach back with TSM's parent company, Xator Corporation, to ensure constant communication and status updates are clearly articulated.
- Respond to clients' ad hoc needs and take lead for developing response strategies.
- Recommend training materials and methods, order and maintain in-house training equipment and facilities and manage the budget set for training.
- Create reports documenting issues, areas of concerns, and/or challenges to be resolved.
- Proficiency in developing and executing traditional and modern training methods and techniques
- Excellent time management skills, public speaking skills, problem-solving skills and both verbal and written communication skills
- Sharp attention to detail and strong follow through
- Proficiency in word processing and presentation software
- Exceptional organization skills, leadership and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with a team and have attention to detail
- Knowledgeable about learning management systems, instructional design and e-learning platforms
- Ability to handle multiple assignments and assess and analyze data
- Must be able to sit for more than 8 hours per day
- Must be willing to work overtime if necessary
- Must be able to use an elevator or walk up and down stairs
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds and carry up to 10 feet
- Must be able to routinely grasp or handle objects, use finger dexterity, bend elbows/knees and reach above and below shoulders
- Must be able to read and interpret handwritten and typewritten print
- Must be able to communicate by voice and detect sound by ear
- Must be able to pass a criminal background investigation
Equal Opportunity Statement
Xator Corporation, and its Subsidiaries, provides equal opportunity to all applicants for employment as required by and/or consistent with applicable country law and company policy. Consistent with the foregoing, Xator Corporation provides qualified applicants consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veterans' status, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status(s) protected by law. In the United States, Xator Corporation ensures nondiscrimination in all programs and activities in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.