Under the direction of the Vice President of Finance, the Warehouse Assistant Manager assists in planning, organizing and directing the receipt, storage of all warehouse goods and items.
- Direct and manage all Warehouse/Receiving Department team members
- Professional interaction and communication with all Seminole Gaming employees thereby ensuring the Warehouse/Receiving Department provides superior customer service at all times
- Ensure all warehouse inventory par levels are maintained/adjusted according to business demands/volumes - timely ordering of all warehouse inventory items
- Ensures all storerooms are maintained in a clean, neat, organized manner
- Ensuring accuracy/quality of all delivered/received items/services
- Scheduling of all Warehouse/Receiving employees to ensure adequate coverage at all times
- Staffing, interviewing, hiring, timely evaluations of all subordinates, progressive disciplinary action of employees as applicable
- Training, teaching, coaching (cross training when applicable) of all Warehouse/Receiving Department employees
- Ensures all warehouse equipment is in proper working order
- Ensures safety compliance at all times
- Ensures the security of all warehouse inventory locations at all times
- Maintains a positive demeanor and promotes morale
- All other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the duties and responsibilities satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Associate's degree in Business Administration or related field, as well as three to five (3-5) years' supervisory experience in Warehouse operations, or an equivalent combination of education and/or work experience.
- Must possess a valid Florida Driver's License
- Knowledge of safe materials handling, storage procedures, OSHA laws and hazardous waste procedures and laws required to effectively supervise warehouse activities.
- Must be able to operate pallet jacks, forklifts, reach-lifts and other equipment used in Warehouse operations.
- Must possess the ability to work with mathematical concepts and to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Must possess the ability to operate a computerized inventory system
- While performing the duties of this job, team member is regularly required to sit, stand or walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and speak or listen.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, color, peripheral vision and depth perception.
- Position requires bending, lifting and carrying supplies and equipment up to 50 pounds.
The Tribal Council gives preference in all of its employment practices to Native Americans. First preference in hiring, training, promoting and in all other aspects of employment is given to members of the Seminole Tribe who meet the job requirements. Second preference is given to members of other federally recognized Native American Tribes who meet the job requirements.
As part of Seminole Gaming's employment process, final candidates will be required to obtain gaming licensure by completing a background check with Seminole Gaming Compliance and Regulations, prior to an offer being extended. These background checks may include, but are not limited to:
- Credit Check
- Criminal Background Check
- Drug Screen