GILLIG LLC is the largest and most dependable manufacturer of Heavy Duty Transit Buses in North America. Our customers are in all 50 states, and include cities, counties, transit districts, universities and major private fleet operators. We are headquartered in Livermore, CA.JOB SUMMARY
The Buyer is responsible for planning and purchasing a set of commodities within the Supply Chain group. Typical duties include sourcing materials, negotiating pricing and terms, and planning and placing purchase orders. Through individual contributions, established procedures, and cross functional influencing, the Buyer ensures all materials, services, and supplies are available as required.
The Buyer selects suppliers, identifies and leads initiatives to reduce cost and increase service, while proactively resolving issues relating to their commodities. The Buyer will work closely with multiple departments, including Engineering, Production, Sales and Warehouse to optimize GILLIG's Supply Chain.KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan and place purchase orders
- Identify, evaluate, select, and integrate new suppliers and technologies
- Perform analysis as required to improve operational efficiency in the supply chain processes
- Manage supplier relationships and be the point of contact for escalation for supplier issues
- Investigate and determine root cause for inventory and invoicing discrepancies
- Interface with Engineers, Quality Assurance, Production, Warehouse personnel and other Buyers to ensure Production material is stocked as required
- Ensure the continuous improvement of quality, service, and total cost in support of business needs
- Negotiate pricing, Supplier agreements and other legal documents
- Performs other duties as required
- BA/BS or equivalent work experience
- Previous experience in a purchasing, warehousing, or supply chain role
- Strong problem-solving, organization, and multi-tasking skills, as well as attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to analyze and make decisions based on large amounts of data
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of lean principles
- Proficient in use of Syteline MRP system
- Previous experience in a Manufacturing Environment
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor work visa's now or in the future. ABOUT US
- Start time is 6:00am
- Occasional overtime is required
- Assignments are complex and broad in scope requiring outstanding creativity, superior initiative, judgment, and leadership
- Must have ability to occasionally lift up to 40lbs and work in a standing, sitting, or walking position for prolonged periods of time
- Working environment includes office settings, manufacturing floor, and warehouse
After 130 years, GILLIG holds strong to its family values and focus on its employees and customers. Our motivated and dedicated employees have a passion for quality and customer satisfaction. We are committed to building buses that connect communities, eliminate congestion, and contribute to a greener environment. Our Company pride is exemplified by the thoughtful design and quality craftsmanship present in every GILLIG bus. GILLIG's steadfast focus on quality and unwavering commitment to exceptional customer service sets us apart from our competition.
In compliance with the Drug-Free Workplace Act of 1988, GILLIG has a longstanding commitment to provide a safe, quality-oriented and productive work environment consistent with the standards in which the company operates. Drug abuse poses a threat to the health and safety of GILLIG employees and to the security of the company's equipment and facilities. For these reasons, GILLIG is committed to the elimination of drug and alcohol use and abuse in the workplace. All applicants must pass a drug test before beginning work.
GILLIG offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including 100% company-paid premiums for medical, dental and vision for employees and their families. Other benefits include a unique 401k profit-sharing plan.
GILLIG is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer.