Job DescriptionEssential Duties:
- Responsible for WIP and Finished Goods manufacturing, scheduling, and for releasing and reordering of required raw materials and components to the plants as either an individual or as a team member, for assigned areas.
• Responsible for planning finished goods purchases, releases, deliveries, and/or manufacturing WIP and finished goods re-supply and for triggering supply either through schedules or other communication methods as developed. This may include monitoring and adjusting parameters and/or inventory levels, as directed.
• Responsible for reordering and ensuring that sufficient required raw material and purchased components needed for manufacturing are available as needed. Responsible for reordering and ensuring sufficient finished goods are available to meet the needs of the customer. Responsible for taking corrective actions, countermeasures and communicating when shortages occur.
• Responsible for executing work as directed to be consistent with the inventory turns and levels goals in assigned areas to meet company directives.
• Responsible for ensuring customer supply satisfaction through planning and releasing of supply and to minimize backorders and maximize fill rates.
• Responsible for working with manufacturing to aid in efficiency improvements throughout the operational areas.
• Duties may include creation of work orders, schedules, purchase orders, ECN monitoring and inventory management or other duties, as assigned.
• Other projects may include excess inventory product analysis, system improvements, and system testing.
• This position requires advance knowledge of excel with experience in Vlookup, Macros, formulas, pivot tables, and charts. Education Required:
- Bachelor's Degree preferred; Associates Degree required
- Or, 3 - 5 years professional experience in purchasing and planning preferably in a manufacturing environment.
The type of experience required to effectively perform the essential functions and responsibilities of this position are:
- Advance excel skills required.
- Manufacturing environment exp. Preferred.
- 1-5 years Buyer or planner experience preferred.
- Exceptional interpersonal communication
- Demonstrated project management skills and able to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Bilingual Spanish/English preferred.
The Buyer/Planner is responsible for executing assigned duties to provide customer satisfaction of finished goods and components supply while achieving the inventory levels and turns directives of the company. This position is responsible for scheduling/planning for production, reordering/releasing duties or a combination of both. This position is responsible for supporting cross functional teams.