Republic Services is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and non-hazardous solid waste. Through our subsidiaries, Republic's collection companies, recycling centers, transfer stations, and landfills focus on providing effective solutions to make proper waste disposal effortless for our 14 million customers. We'll handle it from here., our brand promise, lets customers know they can count on Republic to provide a superior experience while fostering a sustainable Blue Planet for future generations to enjoy a cleaner, safer and healthier world.
Why Work with Us
Our Company cannot thrive without great people devoted to serving customers, the community and the planet. We hire the best people to make Republic a great place to work. We are focused on attracting talented individuals across professions who are as committed to serving customers and the planet as we are. We strive to create a workplace that's meaningful and rewarding to our 33,000 employees. That's why we are proud to be recognized as Best Large Employer by Forbes, World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere, and Human Rights Campaign Foundation's 2018 Corporate Equality Index.
POSITION SUMMARY: With comprehensive knowledge of the market place and direction from Procurement and Supply Chain Management executive leadership, the Director, Procurement and Supply Chain Management drives cost savings and process improvements through the establishment of strategies aligned with the Company's supply chain initiatives. The Director, Procurement & Supply develops and implements respective plans to effectively manage the business for diverse categories and/or services which includes, but is not limited to, the development and management of goals, objectives, policies, processes, procedures and major programs for the procurement and sourcing of categories and services.
- Manages and carries out the personnel actions for a cross-function managerial team, professional staff and paraprofessional staff. This includes hiring, training and evaluating employees; coaching, counseling and managing performance; and making salary, merit or other pay related recommendations.
- Defines implements and oversees strategic procurement processes, standards, and expectations to research and develop a best-in-class supplier base to include defining performance metrics for the team and managing to expected performance levels.
- Leads and directs a cross-functional team to facilitate Strategic Supplier Relationships with alliance business partners to leverage sourcing synergies for mutual benefit.
- Develops and negotiates supply agreements that meet end user and corporate requirements.
- Directs and facilitates the award of contracts upon approval and agreement from key stakeholders and appropriate levels of organizational authority.
- Facilitates primary relationship management responsibilities with senior executives of key supplier organizations, including periodic business reviews.
- Builds internal relationships with key stakeholders by partnering and coordinating with corporate counsel, suppliers, key stakeholders and executive procurement and supply chain leadership to negotiate and establish contract terms and conditions for key national agreements.
- Formulates and communicates the organization's procurement programs for services, software, component parts, equipment and supplies.
- Negotiates directly with supplying firms for products and services to secure to achieve best-in-class total cost of ownership and performance.
- Interfaces with legal department, business units, and suppliers to monitor and ensure compliance with service level agreements. Assesses performance of vendor against established contract terms.
- Ensures that the procurement team maintains continual contact with end users for assigned spend categories to compare local purchase agreements and leverage terms and conditions for national agreements.
- Directs and monitors the interface with accounting department to ensure vendors are paid in accordance with negotiated terms.
- Utilizes best-in-class techniques and practices to develop, maintain, and monitor an analytics process that answers key business questions and supports Procurement strategies. This includes but is not limited to performance, quality, compliance, service level, price/spend/TCO, volume, market trends, and delivery.
- Develops and implements, in conjunction with direct reports, goals and objectives that challenge and develop direct reports towards a path of continuous improvement.
- This position may require travel by air, car and/or other modes of transportation up to 25% of the time.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Purchasing/Supply Management, Supply Chain Management, Engineering, Finance or related field.
- Masters of Business Administration or Supply Chain Management.
- Professional certification in supply chain.
- Continuous Improvement, Six Sigma or Lean Sigma experience.
- Experience developing and implementing formalized procurement strategies, processes and programs.
- Excellent negotiation skills, research and analytical skills, communication, presentation and interpersonal skills are required to communicate effectively and professionally across various levels of the Company and with key external customers and suppliers as described.
- The ability to collaborate with, encourage and build mutual trust, respect, and cooperation across teams/departments and with vendors is essential. This includes the ability to work effectively with supplier executive leadership.
- Minimum of 10 years of related supply chain experience at a progressively responsible level.
- Experience negotiating large complex contracts involving multiple business unit/sector spend categories.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in: • Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage. • Health care and dependent care spending accounts. • Short- and long-term disability. • Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance. • Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP). • Employee discount programs. • 401(k) plan with a generous company match. • Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).